Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Ch. 222 - The 222nd Move

Dex-chan lover
18jL2vv.png

yeah keep trying to convince yourself that he's dumb xD

Dex-chan lover
I'm just trying to picture Urushi's reaction if he wins, confesses and reveals his ploy. "Look, I'm proud of your progress in shogi, but we could've celebrated our 1 year anniversary today if you'd just... Baka! X("
Actually, I'd expect a similar reaction if he loses, she confesses and he still reveals his ploy. Or if he loses, then slightly redeems himself by still confessing and then reveals his ploy. That being said, I don't expect her anger to last for more than a couple of pages. This ain't that kind of manga :p

Anyhoo, thanks for the chapter! Looking forward to the fuzz, regardless of the way it plays out! :)
How dare you bring reason into the house of madmen

Group Leader
It's been a long game of shogi, but the end is nigh.

People complain about slow progress from this mangaka of all people, lmao. I personally like how realistic it is for kids of their age to be overly fixated on huge milestones like graduation and beating a shogi game, even if mutual attraction is confirmed.

So what's the plan here, if he actually lost again, they'll just go, "okay then that was a good run" and then leave and forget about each other. I hate this gimmick so much.
Yeah, just like what seemed to happen with Takagi, it turned into a gimmick the author used to keep dragging out the story. Just maintain the status quo to get as many chapters out of it as possible…

Dex-chan lover
This and Takagi, why is the author so afraid to show their dating stories? Like okay Takagi maybe not as much, but this manga could have been so different and actually showed their dating stories.

But nooo, got to draw it out and end it right when their starting because “will they won’t they”.

Dex-chan lover
Tripping like that is a dumb plot device.

Wow, did I beat all the people who are salty about the slow progress?
It's not so much the slow progress as his pride being more important than her.

There's slow progress and then there's glacial progress.
This isn't really any kind of progress, though. It's been stalled since almost the beginning. She's gone through some slight bits of change, and the other couple had their arc.

I actually hope he doesn't ever beat her and she graduates undefeated. Make him grow some balls.
That would be much better. End it with a failure. That's what he deserves.

yeah keep trying to convince yourself that he's dumb xD
It's not like he's acting like he isn't.

TBH. I hate these I confess before they leave. It's very pointless. You could have dated for 3 years but wasted it.
The time's wrong since they're not in the same grade, but absolutely.

Dex-chan lover
A part of me wants Ayumu to lose the game and, stern to his words, don't confess his feelings. The shitshow would be hilariously infuriating to witness.

Users who are viewing this thread