Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Vol. 17 Ch. 224 - The 224th Move

Dex-chan lover
Mission accomplished, but I feel like it's the beginning of their journey and not their end.

Dex-chan lover
The way I see it, the two of them were already a couple long before this chapter. That's probably a reason why I didn't care much for Rin.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, I didn't see that coming! ;)

I guess you can't really expect a lot of dramatic tension for a series that is as much slice of life as romance.

Dex-chan lover
We could have had this confession 200 chapters ago, but no, this story really stuck with the whole "I can't confess until I win" agenda for 224 whole chapters. Urushi and Ayumu really could've just been openly dating for the rest of their school life, but nope, Ayumu's stubbornness prevented him from pursuing what was really important because he just had to get that shogi win.

Kinda just made this entire confession feel empty and meaningless, since we all knew they had feelings for eachother from the start anyway. At least we finally got there in the end, but I really feel like this manga could have been so much more.

Dex-chan lover
We could have had this confession 200 chapters ago, but no, this story really stuck with the whole "I can't confess until I win" agenda for 224 whole chapters. Urushi and Ayumu really could've just been openly dating for the rest of their school life, but nope, Ayumu's stubbornness prevented him from pursuing what was really important because he just had to get that shogi win.

Kinda just made this entire confession feel empty and meaningless, since we all knew they had feelings for eachother from the start anyway. At least we finally got there in the end, but I really feel like this manga could have been so much more.
Yeah it really just feels kind of dumb to go 200 chapters of "if I win ill confess" and have the ending just literally be "okay I won I confess."

Users who are viewing this thread