Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Vol. 3 Ch. 40 - The 40th move

Even if she wanted to lose, the shogi player inside her would not let her do it.

Dex-chan lover
oh man...
giphy.gif

@KazumaLee94 I'd be happy with either of those outcomes, to be honest.

in other news, it would mean the chapter naming gimmick has described a super aggressive and decisive victory. If it ended at 42 moves when the average game runs 110. (I feel like if this was the finale the game won't wrap up in just one chapter)

AGH, I started reading this yesterday, I cant believe it stopped at such a cliffhanger.

First time readers: OMG he's gonna confess
Yamamoto Souichirou readers: First time?

As much as I want to get hyped... this is the same creator of Takagi-san, I know better than to expect anything other than disappointment and blue-balls. This story is the classic case of "Will They or Won't They" - the only time a confession is going to happen is when it gets axed and it needs a quick ending.

Dex-chan lover
I've been reading Takagi long enough to expect nothing from this, but I am surprised that someone actually picked up on someone's half-talk and asked about it. Normally one side goes, "it's nothing" and the other side just pretends like they didn't say anything and move on.

@KazumaLee94 Your saying that but then you brought up Takagi, the series where they occasionally jump ahead to show them married with a kid that ended up getting its own spin off series of 100+ chapters based entirely around it. That shit is well above a confession.

Double-page supporter
I wonder if she's going to try to lose so she gets a confession while he gets cold feet and also tries to lose, making it nearly a stalemate of both sides trying to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread