Soredemo Kimi o Shiawase ni Shitai - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - That's what she came up with

Dex-chan lover
This premise is still really annoying to deal with just as a reader. Like I haven't read in a while so I went back through the first few chapters and jumped in to see where it's at. But nope. Still painful. I kinda feel like the author who thought this up is some kind of a masochist because I'd hate having to write around a rom com with an automatic full stop whenever there's a good moment and the female lead is happy.

"That's why I told you not to put such insoles in"

What a weirdly-phrased sentence.

This premise is still really annoying to deal with just as a reader. Like I haven't read in a while so I went back through the first few chapters and jumped in to see where it's at. But nope. Still painful. I kinda feel like the author who thought this up is some kind of a masochist because I'd hate having to write around a rom com with an automatic full stop whenever there's a good moment and the female lead is happy.
Bright side: The other one also cuts through some of the bullshit herself. Instead of sitting around with an inexplicably-uncomfortable female lead, she just outs the stupid plan from the start. Not to mention the part where she showed him that video of her.

P.S.: This is the first time we've seen the switch happen on screen! She really does just push her bangs to one side or the other.
P.S.S.: We're back with the whole "Don't say chocolate mint tastes like toothpaste!" bit from Uzaki, along with a grammar error from the TL! In fact, the whole last page was almost unreadable.

Last edited:
Group Leader
"That's why I told you not to put such insoles in"

What a weirdly-phrased sentence.

Bright side: The other one also cuts through some of the bullshit herself. Instead of sitting around with an inexplicably-uncomfortable female lead, she just outs the stupid plan from the start. Not to mention the part where she showed him that video of her.

P.S.: This is the first time we've seen the switch happen on screen! She really does just push her bangs to one side or the other.
P.S.S.: We're back with the whole "Don't say chocolate mint tastes like toothpaste!" bit from Uzaki, along with a grammar error from the TL! In fact, the whole last page was almost unreadable.
Ok, I'm dumb. What did Tamaki mean in the last page?
Hi hi, I'll try re-checking and TLing the last page and make some edits if its hard to read. This series is basically a disaster to TL, Japanese language doesn't consist of pronouns and English requires you to use them so it's very hard to get the meaning across and figure out who's talking with their split personality, but I'll try!

Dex-chan lover
Im just enjoying the interaction between these 3. The sidecast prolly my least favourites part of the manga. Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Hi hi, I'll try re-checking and TLing the last page and make some edits if its hard to read. This series is basically a disaster to TL, Japanese language doesn't consist of pronouns and English requires you to use them so it's very hard to get the meaning across and figure out who's talking with their split personality, but I'll try!
Personally, I don't think your TL is hard to read. It's just that I didn't get what her "I wonder that" meant. There was one error on panel 2 of the last page tho. It should've been "you normally do" instead of "does".

Dex-chan lover
I think the "translation" is done properly, it's just you should try to "interpret" a bit more, even if it's not 1:1 with what was said, if it makes it easier to understand it's better to change it a bit.

I know some people feel like nothing should be changed, but they should go ahead and learn Japanese and screw off to read the raws. If something is translated to another language it's always changed to make sense in the new language, even if the way something is said is very different.

You can see it quite often with subtitles to movies/games and such. But I think I'm getting ahead of myself.

Dex-chan lover
Title page says this is complete, I hope this had a conclusive ending that resolves the 2 persona issue.

I swear if after all this we get a crappy open ended non-ending, I will lose my shit.

Wait, you can't tell which of the two girls is talking? Manaki has her bangs parted to to the right (Your left), and Tamaki to the Right (Your left).

And yeah, it can be annoying to parse through what the Japanese say sometimes, but implicit subjects are just something you get used to. Once you figure that out, the pronouns are easy.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I don't think your TL is hard to read. It's just that I didn't get what her "I wonder that" meant. There was one error on panel 2 of the last page tho. It should've been "you normally do" instead of "does".
Judging by her expression, she's just being evasive to hide something. She probably knows why Manaki can't seem to get used to being happy, but doesn't want to admit it for one reason or another.

Supporter
I think the "translation" is done properly, it's just you should try to "interpret" a bit more, even if it's not 1:1 with what was said, if it makes it easier to understand it's better to change it a bit.
The World would be more happy If people understood that you cant translate everything but you can localize it

Dex-chan lover

I know some people feel like nothing should be changed, but they should go ahead and learn Japanese and screw off to read the raws. If something is translated to another language it's always changed to make sense in the new language, even if the way something is said is very different.

You can see it quite often with subtitles to movies/games and such. But I think I'm getting ahead of myself.
Well, you are getting quite ahead of yourself if think you can just tell others to "go ahead and learn Japanese" when you also believe broken sentences in translation can be excused simply by the reader "interpreting" more. You'd get fired from a translation job in five minutes flat with that sloppy attitude

Users who are viewing this thread