Souboutei Kowasubeshi - Vol. 16 Ch. 156 - Without Takoha, We're Doomed

Power Uploader
First time I see something close to a genuine plot inconsistency here. The arms weren't sensitive to nitrogen when they stopped Takoha from leaving Souboutei back around chapter 60. So the advice fake Papa gave Rokurou shouldn't be a viable option, but they were treating it as one. I guess it doesn't matter much because now Rokurou is trapped inside, but still.

I don't exactly remember that moment, but just as the Invaders themselves doesn't disappear instantly when exposed to nitrogen, it may have been possible for Rokurou to outrun the arms outside until they'd melt. Takoha could get brought back into Souboutei because the arms weren't outside for a long enough time to vanish.

So... canvasses are flat enough for the invaders to portal through, and boards aren't?

Power Uploader
By the way, why is Oujin helping the invaders, I wonder?

Wether it is flat enough or not, Deido's will prevent them from opening portals on their own anyway.

Group Leader
@RayS

I mean, we obviously have no understanding of the "science" behind the invaders turning into portals, like the entire concept is just so alien to us that it sounds flatly unrealistic but we have to accept that it's true.

That's why I'm not bothered by how arbitrarily it's applied lol. Cuz for all we know, there's some quantum science bullshit reason why they have to be flat in a certain way, or whatever.

@MisterSteak I'm totally willing to wait and see. Some time earlier I was grouchy about people easily leaving Souboutei every now and then, and it turned out to be a plot point. It's a weird manga and it takes some unusual turns.

Users who are viewing this thread