Soul Land III - The Legend of the Dragon King

Normally I would just ignore Scans like yours but congratulations you my friend just touched a nerve.
While I have no personal qualms with any of your group members but guys can you seriously cut the crap(Shitty contrasts, weird fonts, cringy page sizes and aligning of text).
I personally think a toddler can do a better job but of course, that's my personal opinion. The shear shamelessness of boasting about how great you are for posting a crappy set of chapters just made me cringe soo hard that I wanna gag.

Also before anyone(probably you on your fake accounts) start bashing on my post how you have worked for free on this series and don't owe us anything, I would like to point that I have worked on more chapters than this entire scans combined (Yup I used to scanlate) and hence I know what your shitty work is costing the fans. We are in a weird business where no chapters is better than (whatever this is). You are seizing any hope that the fans (series fans bcoz I don't think you have any) had of a good quality release by scans that can do more than just copy paste weird Machine Translations in the first white bubble they find. (Another word of advise get a Redrawer cuz you definitely can't do transparent bubbles).

So here's my sincere and earnest request to you guys: *Either get your shit together or drop it*. (I can get it picked up in a week with a few phone calls.)
And btw don't worry I'll find that youtube channel of yours and get in contact with the publisher who has the distribution rights of the series. See ya!!

Double-page supporter
@Sallyishere thanks for the comment. I totally agree with your statement. No chapters would be better than sh*t like this.

I'll just go read the novel. And for the people who want to read the novel.
https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/legend-of-the-dragon-king

@Korpi93 Yes you can. Click on the name of the translator and find the yellow button that says block. Just to be clear: this blocks all updates by this group. It will block notifications on every manga they work on. If you like their work on a different manga, don't block.

Like @Sallyishere said this is absolutely horrible. Unreadable. I love Soul Land 3 but man I can't put up with this machine translation and deep frying images, so I accepted that I just won't be reading this series anymore until it's scanlated by a decent group... If another group sees this, please consider picking it up.
Nobody is gonna shame you for "sniping" the series from someone like Soul Translations who shamelessly promotes a Youtube channel, gives unreadable "scanlations", and snipes other series himself (see Child of Light).

if you go to wutopia the offcial translators for this mahua you can read alot more but it cost $10. If you do go there and have read all the translations here, start from chapter 214. The colours arent deep fried either

Irony is huge. The adoption has terrible translation while the actual novel is nearly translated (60ish chapters off completion, a mont and it will be). You guys are likely better off just reading, google it many sites steal and host it. DD3 is quite good, Gu Yuena is prolly my favorite FL in the Douluo series.

Oh, I am back here. Hurray....😚
So I haven't been online on Mangadex close to 2 months now (that's just how life is I guess). But when I finally decided to come back after taking a break I suddenly found my inbox bombarded regarding my last post, most of which could be summarized into the same request which I am sure you would have guessed if you are familiar with my last rant in this comment section. But one msg was special. A couple of weeks ago apparently I was contacted by a staff member of Soul Translation but when I opened the mail it was not at all what I had expected. They didn't come to me with a grudge, explanation nor an apology. It surprised me that it wasn't promises that they had written but proof of action. All it asked was for me to read their revamped work and the new releases that followed. All it asked was for a second chance.
They didn't have to mind me nor did I ever thought that the group that boasted of quantity over quality would have a care in the world about our feedback but I was proved wrong. That person opened my eyes to the possibility that there are some people at Soul Translations that still care and they proved it with their actions rather than words and that deserves respect in my book.

That mail got me excited to read Soul Land again after I had dropped it due to the fiasco that occurred months prior. And I am writing this post after Binge reading all the chapters and a smile on my face. Coming forward and owning up to their mistakes and starting from scratch again wouldn't have been easy I presume but they accomplished it and for that, they deserve our gratitude. I am happy to see that now they take more pride in their quality of release. While I understand that fame, admiration and fan following are earned but a clean slate atleast once is deserved. On the internet, hate is heard more than admiration and this post is to correct that, to show them that their efforts have changed the heart of at least one person in this world.

why are some translators even considering having a youtube manga channel? i see more and more of them yet i havnt seen a channel that have more than a handful of viewers or subscribers so they wouldnt be making any money from it.. you cant read at your own speed and theres literally no benefit to it other than sure you wont have to click to switch page but the time between each turn of the page would have to fit your reading speed exactly to be better than clicking so.. ye no it just sucks

Why is the translation for all the soul lands so slow? There's a paid version which is extremely ahead and a youtube version which is of lower quality translation but also further ahead, why is this so slow? Don't get me wrong I love this Manhua and am very grateful for all the chapters released so far. Oh and does anyone know where I can find the raws of the manhua?

Does anyone know when Gu Yue fuses with Na'er to become Gu Yuena? And when they get together?

@Draygo45
They literally don't care about anything they translate. They were supposed to be picking up speed as soon as they got an actual team together(don't know how many is in there team but he said he had an actual team at some point) but they have decreased in speed. They haven't translated any of this in 4 months and expect people to not "snipe" anything from them even though they haven't translated anything in 4 months, just because they "posted it in the 3 months."
They "buy" their raws from onemanhua.com apparently, but when you type that into google you get cocomanhua which every chapter I went to was completely free(they get their money from ads, aggregator website). So I highly doubt they buy their raws. The raws on that website(I honestly don't know if its a virus filled mess so don't use it if you don't have have virus protection and an ad blocker), but according to the raw website they are around 2/3 of the way to catching up.
I have zero respect for unrespectful translation groups like soul translations, taking up almost all the soul land titles and getting mad when someone translates the series without their permission, calling them asshole snipers. When they themselves will snipe a series if they want to.
They aren't making ANY money from this, because they don't even know their own freaking Patreon name. www.patreon.com/Soul Translations(this is their link, they provide) patreon.com/soulscanlations(This is their actual pathetic Patreon link)

@gurtsquirt
Yh I noticed that they are way too far behind from the raws on all of the soul land series except for soul land 1, which they are behind on but not by much. Also I heard that they have a team of 20 now so we'll have to wait and see if that'll change anything. But in the meantime there is a guy on youtube who is fully caught up to the raws, more or less, and while the english quality is bad it's still readable. In like 2 weeks time if these guys don't pick up the pace then I'll have a go independently. thanks for the link to the raws btw.

1. We did translate in the past 4 months. Most of us are still in school so we don't have as much time as others.
2. Who the hell told you that we buy the raws? I don't even know where we get them from but it's probably as illegal as what every other group on Mangadex does.
3. Quality over quantity (which is also the reason we don't like people that snipe a series with copies that are clearly ripped from Youtube -> the quality is bad, it's probably MTl and the width of the pages isn't right)
4. We didn't "take over" half of the SL-series. They weren't translated anymore in the first place.

1. I meant this specific manhua(should've been clearer), because you can't tell me you didn't stop translating this manhua for a few months just so you could upload them in increments. A lot of the more popular groups also have members in school.
2. Your leader did(I presume he's the leader, soul right?). He specifically says he buys them and to support the authors lol, way to absolutely bash his words. Man even says to support the comics from official sources(in broken English), and tries to play it off like he spends his own money to support them.
3. Your chapters are pretty ok, can't argue with the quality of them; I also didn't read the random person that uploaded the others either, so I can't confirm if they are of bad quality.
4. I said taking up, as in "taking up their translation positions."

removing this cause I don't to be banned. I basically called him a name, he repeats it in the comment above but oh well personal attacks are against the rules.

Group Leader
who are are you calling a greedy lying. Don't go spouting bullshit. Which chapter i have said like that and where have i said like that.
Don't act like a stupid idiot

I'm calling you a greedy liar:). Seeing as you don't even know what you put in your own YouTube(which you advertised the shit out of in the chapters.) description, I'll gladly tell you.
"The images shown in this video is bought by me from onemanhua.com" -Soul Scanlations.
Seems my bullshit knows no bounds. I'm even quoting your words, proving you've lied about exactly what I said you did. I'm an absolute menace.

So there's my proof(Not actual proof, but people can go see your video descriptions themselves if they want to).
I've also changed my stance. I previously said you were only had bad translation etiquette, but nah you are just a all around bad person. Calling me a stupid idiot and calling my facts bullshit, what harassment:(

Bringing back the google translate from the early days of your translations.

Also hmmmmmm. I've been a bit rude and would like to apologize to you and your group, I'm still posting it cause you asked me where you said it but still. I didn't think of your feelings and I can honestly wait for the chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread