Sounan desu ka? - Vol. 5 Ch. 66 - Homare's Decision

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei I don’t think that using any opportunities, even dubious ones, just to get a loophole for continuing the story, is a good idea. Of course, we can get Shion's POV while Homare is busy looking for help, but I doubt this will be enough for an independent arc.

Dex-chan lover
it all comes down to Shion's tears to be the driving force again for Homare.

Dex-chan lover
@Syapaaye She already thought about it, according to her words. However, Shion’s reaction serves as a good reminder of their actual situation and final motivation.

Fed-Kun's army
@SuperOniichan Maybe you right. Speaking of POV, I don't think Shion's is a good one. From our OP's POV, we already know how Homare feels about Shion, but we totally have no idea about Shion. That makes the story keeps moving on. If Shion's thought was disclosed, some yuri fans (like me) may be feel disappointing, which might lost some readers and the publisher won't want to. Also, by sharing Shion thought, I think it will kill the innocence of the character. As far as we see, Shion is more an air-head princess, she doesn't think much. Forcing her to think will kill the trait of Shion.

I think the best POV that author could exploit is the glass girl, after that is the Daddy. Mutsu seems is capable to be the next MC since she has some deep inner-thought. About the Daddy, this is very rare male character that I like, very manly. I believe he is a key to get everyone out. Sooner or later, there should be one chapter about him only, about his escape plan, finding the daughter, how he handling the sub team of series.

@Syapaaye She has always been soft on Shion right 🤣

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei If you interpret their relationship as yuri, then I don’t think that the potential Shion POV could somehow ruin the shiping. At the moment, they are equivalent best friends for each other, so regardless of the nature of their relationship, their attitude towards each other is quite equal, I think. In any case, of the remaining three girls, only Shion has a sufficiently developed personality for a big POV, so personally I think that only she can "take the place" of Homare in this theoretical situation.

Daddy is already in another group of survivors, and there the POV seat is occupied. Maybe something will change if Homare really joined them, I don’t know.

Fed-Kun's army
@SuperOniichan I'm sorry if my yuri goggle annoys you. (I really do, it's just my old-hard-to-get-rid-of habit)
Even without interpreting their relationship as yuri, I still think their attitude towards each other are difference. You can see the way glass girl treats Homare as a teacher, tomboy thinks Homare as a bestfriend (literally, no yuri implied). And to Shion, it is more like a strict instructor or something. It's almost the same from our MC too, Mutsu and Asuka more like really good friends to Homare. But Shino is a bit difference, from yuri fans POV (liike me) it is more spoiling-relationship which leads to a shipping stuff. From common people, it's likely Homare doesn't know how to handle the girly from Shion so she tends to do everything Shion said. (this one still leads to the fact Homare's quite gay, but more less)

The reason you see Shion has changed so much because her personality from the beginning is way far from fact that it (princess trait) could help her adapt the the situation for surviving. So when Shion changed, it becomes a big development. Think about Mutsu, the four eyes is sure boring but her role has served well the purpose of this manga, how-to-survive theme. Moreover, like I say, Mutsu is a thoughtful person. She always does her best to keep things in the team balance, relationship, surviving. Remember when she keeps Homare company in the rainy day chapter because the other two could get what Homare talking about? She is the balance character to make sure the team can always divides equally in 2 - 2 ratio. On the other hand, Mutsu also save MC once when try her best to come up a solution to get Homare out of the well. Recently, she has become the 'mother' role while taking the part of securing the food for team. Last but not least, even Mutsu's POV has been opened in a few chapters. With these points, I believe Mutsu is the next capable POV for the team.

About the POV on the almost equal-gender team. My point is the same to you. For now, it's hard to see the Daddy POV, but I still hope for a change to see it. It could be very good chapter, maybe.

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei It will only annoy me if you are toxic, which I don’t see at the moment, we’re just discussing possible ways to further develop the series. In any case, even if I am skeptical about the true intentions of the author (although he clearly knows what he is doing. For example, in an April Fool’s joke with fake male version of the manga, he joked about “trendy elements of BL”), we have equal rights to our own opinion. So, without touching Mitsu, I more or less agree with you only with the difference that personally I see their relationship as ecchi seinen BFF.

Fed-Kun's army
@SuperOniichan
personally I see their relationship as ecchi seinen BFF.

I still don't understand the ecchi and seinen standard quite well. Care to explain more? By the way, if you implied the fact the kissing for oxygen then I don't consider it as ecchi because that is the necessary thing to do. It also helps people understand about the personality of Homare, a real survival, realistic trait and how experience she is. 😎

Yeah, I know toxic is suck. It's just sometimes I get over excited and forgot to hold the horse 🙃 Remind me when that time come 😆

BTW, do you have a link about the AF joke? I tried to look for the twitter but I don't know which author, the writer or the artist?

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei http://blog.livedoor.jp/ken_melody/archives/52069925.html here.

The standard does not exist, but as I wrote, you can consider it as a “male” version of the image of male friendship in shoujo. However, until the work is over and the author has revealed his true intentions, it would be foolish to say "oh, obviously they are just friends!". So, even with different opinions, I don't want to make categorical conclusions.

Fed-Kun's army
@SuperOniichan Fair enough.
BTW, how do you think about Asuka character? We discussed much about Shion and Mutsu but likely forgot about Asuka.

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei Well, initially she seemed like a sports version of Mutsu to me, but after “re-reading” the story through the anime, I think that she is a very archetypal anime jock.

well in my opinion , its better for Homare to go alone at least the other girls well be safer in island besides Homare can concentrate on her self more when she is alone so she can be safe in this mission
don't forget now the girls can go fishing , hunting , making food & planting seeds

Homare said herself that the risk factors are great, attempting to sail back to land. What if she herself doesn’t make it? At that point the three are left on the island alone to fend for themselves indefinitely, without Homare’s expertise to help guide them clear of danger. Yes, they’ve grown from the helpless foals they were at the start of the manga, but just how long could they stay safe without Homare? They need to keep together as a group. Going off on her own simply because she doesn’t want to put the others at risk actually puts all parties in significantly more danger. If sailing is necessary, take the time to build a simple boat and gather materials as a group.

Dex-chan lover
Since they have been there for a month, I thought the crisis was about something else... Also, what happened to her father?

Dex-chan lover
I am sure there's no Yuri or something here.

Even if one exist shouldn't it be better to leave it for reader itself to uncover?

Though i can really say considering so far in plot we got
- Absurd plot where it's been a month yet there's almost no rescue coming. A search attempt would be ran right after the plane crashed or gone from radars. An island would be much an easy target to find survivor instead of SEA. Though it kinda reminds me of that movie where a person got stranded and talk to a damn ball.
- Homare father came to an island to find her daughter but only struck with sudden bad luck of exploding boat.
- What even happens to them? The 2 people and Homare father.
- Considering his father is quite and adventurer , he should have own a satellite phone or emergency method to contact Rescue team.

This Manga just took a route where someone will actually die trying to get out from the island.
Though them actually survive after pulling all those stuff is already a miracle.
Godbless plot armour.

Double-page supporter
@yurirei You get some of Shion thoughts on Homare in chapter 36, saying "...and Homare-San. She's a little strange, but she... is my dear..." while blushing.

@Xaelath @Beregorn Her father is on another island with the other two survivors, after the boat blew up.

Users who are viewing this thread