Sounan desu ka? - Vol. 6 Ch. 68 - May I Come Over?

Dex-chan lover
None of these paths really work for story-telling: [ul]she leaves and disappears from the story;
she leaves and dies;
she leaves and reconnects with general civilization, bringing back help; or
she leaves, finds her way to her father and his two companions, and stays with them. [/ul] So what should be expected is [ul]she is prevented from leaving after her plan is discovered;
she leaves and returns in failure;
she changes her mind about leaving after her father and his two companions return to the island; or
she leaves, finds her way to her father and his two companions, and the four of them return. [/ul] Variations on the last two scenarii could involve the death of her father.

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei

I didn't say that it were an impossible arrangement in the real world; I said that it would make for poor story-telling.

If she stays with her father and the other two, and they don't return to the first island, then either two stories have to be run in parallel, or one set of characters has to be set aside (much as her father and his two companions have been set aside). And, either way, the set of four characters for whom the story originally established the attachment of the readers is broken.

The reason that her father and his two companions have been off-screen is because telling n stories of island survival (where n>1) is just cluttered unless something peculiarly interesting would be illustrated across the stories or the stories are going to be woven back together in some unexpected way. As it is, we may get occasional episodes of those other three, and they may indeed come to play some surprising rôles, but that's all that we should expect until and unless they move to be combined with the original four characters. And, in the case of parallel story-telling, having two survival experts supporting four characters (counting those two experts amongst the four) while having three non-experts stumbling on the other island would be imbalanced.

Setting aside the island with the two experts would set aside one the four characters to whom the readers are most attached. Setting aside the other island would do this to three of those four characters. What has so far been set aside are three characters to whom there is less attachment of the readers.

Dex-chan lover
Homare sure is good at reading all of them and knowing which buttons to push. Her harem is well trained 😎

Group Leader
I don't see anyone dying in this story. It's an excuse to have fun survival adventures with girls in their underwear. Killing someone off would be too dark a turn for this manga.

Dex-chan lover
First Shion, now Mitsu ... Let me guess, the next chapter will be devoted to how Asuka also misses the house, after which Homare finally decides to swim for help?

@kojiro481 The more I read the comments on the all-female manga here, the more it seems to me that "some" people clearly confused mangadex with the "only female" section on some resource with H doujinshi.

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei
What makes you think I was talking about real world in here?
Your use of the word “impossible” created a context in which, before dealing with the issue of story-telling as such, I needed to distinguish between possible events in reality and events in a good story.

Users who are viewing this thread