Sousei no Onmyouji

I'm sure it will come up at some point, but why the HELL is no one talking about the fact that Rokuro has a mouth full of shark's teeth? It's driving me nuts that there's no mention of this in the early chapters.

Like...guys, dude's got a mouth full of shark's teeth. He's obviously not a normal human. I don't even need any backstory or flashbacks to know this, because SHARK'S TEETH!

I really like this manga so far, but come on...he looks like the Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow and no one cares?

Dex-chan lover
Coming here straight from Binbougami Ga! Makes it almost hard to believe that this is by the same artist/author, except for the fact that the last third of Bingougami Ga basically devolved from Comedy into surprisingly dark action and drama themes, which makes the transition over to making this series more understandable.

It felt near the end of Binbougami ga that the author didn't want to do comedy anymore and wanted to do a Dark Shounen action series, which is why he changed the tone of that manga so gradually to where it didn't resemble itself anymore except superficially, and why Twin Star Exorcists feels like it's a more honest expression of what he wanted to do.

Anyhow, I enjoy this series for what it is, and read all of it on Viz using the $2 a month Shounen Jump subscription on the Official English site. Given how cheap it is (and how they give you a free trial for 7 days) I think it's worth checking out if you want to support this particular series.

Dex-chan lover
The chapters are missing because those ones were done by Jaimini's Box, who pulled out of using MangaDex. Always keep a backup aggregator, MangaDex doesn't have every series it could but you could cover all your bases between it and probably just one more site of your choosing. Or you can try to keep track of individual scan group sites if you feel like it. Some people have even set stuff up to automatically check the group sites for the series they want to read there and automatically download the series for them, personally I couldn't be bothered to do so. Then there's stuff like what arcsalvo mentioned, some of the magazines are introducing stuff like that so if you can swing whatever their fees are it's kind of like the whole Netflix/Amazon/Hulu original content sort of deal where you could subscribe to whatever has the content you want to see.

Jaimini's Box behave like d. They like to steal popular mangas from other groups.

Double-page supporter
So... With JB basically dropping this series, is someone willing to take this one?

Contributor
I liked this series so much, but they made that horrible anime and even brought the changes that were done on the anime to the manga.

Contributor
Popularity poll results
1593821829375.jpg

seems decent at best. Not that interesting, author doesn't know how to make good characters. Some cheesy lines and genericness brings it down also but a easy read so most non veteran/shounen fans will enjoy it at least.

Aggregator gang
Quality wise the writing has gone worse with each major arc, with the 2nd arc being the worse with just completely forgetting the 2nd main character. I know they explained in a flashback but it really seemed like the author forgot about Benio.

Fed-Kun's army
Literally the worst 17 chapters I've ever read in my life. Horrible villains, tension created in one chapter dropped in the very next one, stupid unnecessary plot twist scattered all over the place and deus ex machina put in place just so that characters could win.
The rest 67 or so chapters were actually amazing, however.
The main character gradually goes from being annoying little shit to a nice person and a reliable leader.
The comedy is hit or miss, but I mostly enjoyed it.
The romance between characters actually progresses throughout the story, which is the first time I've seen it happening in shounen manga that I've read.
The fights are tense, really tense. Many go from conflict of interests to conflict of ideals, which are executed well, more often than not.
The villains are mostly well executed, some make you feel sorry for them despite what they've done, some see nice developments towards understanding what is it they truly should fight for, some are just a big threat to (not be able to) deal with. I've liked all of them except for the one eyed cringy edge lord plot twist piece of shit motherf.
Side characters are mostly well developed (as of chapter 84, 8 of 12 big shots have shown their backstories and played a major role at a certain point in the story, so were many more of the lesser side characters).
The prayers they read during the fights are kind of cool.
Overall a good read, my personal favorite manga, however, would not recommend reading it for anyone, as it hits sweetspots I long for, so I am unsure whether anyone else would like it at all.

Is this ending any time soon? Im only reading it now to see it end.

Tatara is a clown - confirmed! You played yourself by not following your leader's order. Thanks for triggering a curse mark that killed the entire small sqaud AND and summoning your most dangerous enemies! Chap. 87

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread