Sousei no Taiga - Vol. 3 Ch. 27 - Life

I'm starting to think neanderthals had good reasons to kill these guys. Goddamn savages immigrating to Europe in hordes and stealing neanderthal jobs.

the translation pretty good, didnt expect u used google translate :v . a job well done !

Nice 1 underhacker. way to go trying to find ways to keep this manga alive

...so all this time we could have understood her words? I didn't realize she was speaking a living language.

While it can be immersive not to understand what she's saying, there's a fine line where it becomes frustrating. I think you chose the perfect place to start translating their words, if that's what happened here.

Google translate is really powerful under the right conditions. If there's proper grammar and few idioms, Google can handle even complex translations amazingly well. It just can't keep up with slang, idioms, and bad grammar (usually).

Contributor
Shinsuke is just this guy reincarnation, that's all .

Anyways, curious to see how well (or not) he will do in this fight. Maybe he will use some martial arts ?

@jestervae
I think it's more like they were speaking a "language" our MC didn't understand and then the perspective shifted so we were able to understand what she was saying.

Group Leader
@Evertime Yes, just to clarify, the raws switched the language. Before, their speech would be written in hiragana (I think), so I, and the previous scanlator, interpreted that as their language. The reader wasn't supposed to understand the words (ofc some words you were supposed to learn as the MC learned them) so we left that as something you couldn't understand. In certain parts of this chapter, the raws switched to kanji, meaning they were speaking words that the reader should be able to read, and therefore I translated that to english. I didn't translate the Swahili. I realize now that that might have been confusing as it seemed they suddenly switched languages.

@evertime That makes more sense, and I thought it might be the case here.

@underhacker Great work. In the interest of potentially helping you out in the future, how are you getting the kanji from the page into the translator? Korean is easy enough as long as you can read it, but Japanese and Chinese are not.

Group Leader
@jestervae In different ways, mostly through google lens, but sometimes when it doesn't pick them up I'll draw them or build them via radicals. Google lens is actually a really powerful tool, the problem is that it doesn't understand how to properly form a sentence and take synonyms and context into account.

Users who are viewing this thread