Sousei no Taiga - Vol. 4 Ch. 29 - Strange Fight

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@AraraDeTerno

that's what I'm guessing too: they probably never seen a legit choke technique before

the chokehold didn't look long enough to be lethal

I feel like the author tried to recreate the the 1st shougo vs yuu fight here: except yuu used wrestling techniques instead of boxing, and shougo is much larger.

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming they think he killed the guy.
Though it takes quite a long time to actually choke someone out. It isn't over in just a few seconds like it is in movies or in this chapter.

@Riger
Nah, it only takes a few seconds to choke someone unconscious if they're not expecting it or don't know how to defend against it. I would know, I've been choked out. It takes a long time to kill someone by strangulation though, if that's what you mean.

@Riger
a chokehold can be more than just impacting the lungs, it can screw with the blood flow to the brain if done right. That's where the real 10-second knockout(and risk of brain damage) comes from.

Dex-chan lover
A magnificently done sleeper hold. It was quite rough in the beginning...
Wait, these prehistoric men maybe think the big guy died? It sounds dangerous.

Oh crap, I started chapter 1 today and just binged to this point. Damn the Holyland author can make anything super enthralling.

Contributor
This was a nice strangulation tech, i know some thanks to sport combat.

And yeah, they probably never see someone unconscious before, that's why they cry, thinking he is a killer.

Dex-chan lover
@welcome2atlantis The whole point was to fight to the death. They just don't like it cause it was one of their own, and they were confident the dude could take him. Maybe he was the best hunter they had.

I get the feeling he'll perform a cardiac massage on him to save him though.

Users who are viewing this thread