Sousei no Taiga - Vol. 5 Ch. 42 - King's Anger

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, sure. They're big and powerful. But a single pitfall would cripple them in a rather big way.

Dex-chan lover
Paleolithic humans were the top mammoth predator, and a steppe mammoth in the forest was in trouble and easy pickings because they normally lived on the... you know... steppe.

The goddamn pygmy hunt african elephants. Fug the nature, they would eat that mammoth for dinner.

There's pretty serious debate about how, and even whether, early man hunted mammoths. There's not much evidence that humans actively hunted mammoths. Far as I've read, there are only two scant hints:

1. A tiny fragment of flint (probably from an arrow head or spear tip) found in the rib of a mammoth, but this was among tons of bones found in a site. Only one obvious sign of human attack was found among a mass of bones, far as I know.
2. A mammoth fossil with a spear stuck between its ribs. In an ironic twist, the spear was partially made from the tusks of a mammoth.

Maybe we just took advantage of dead mammoths. Maybe these two mammoths attacked humans first, and the wounds they got were in self defense (the humans probably got massacred). Who knows? I'm no expert, but even the experts disagree on whether or not we hunted mammoths. My opinion is thus:

We have definitive evidence that early humans paddled out into the ocean on boats and speared fucking whales. If we could do that, we could hunt mammoths. The more we discover about early humans, the more we learn that they were pretty damn smart then, too.

Fed-Kun's army
@welcome2atlantis how? well you get ~5 of your friends, yall bring 3 spears each, find one that is strayed away from the ground, slowly surround it or lead it away from the main group ,YEET as many spears into it as possible, follow it until it bleeds out, eat like there's no tomorrow,
imma be honest i don't know how but hey my guess is as good as any

Users who are viewing this thread