Sousei no Taiga - Vol. 5 Ch. 43 - Request

Double-page supporter
Man bitch boy should leave if he's gonna bitch about everything, try living out of the village without killing, and a roof over you head, lloll God damn

Dex-chan lover
And nobody realized Taiga had ulterior motive. Stronk warriors had to sire many, many stronk children! In other words: he wanted women!

Heheh.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously. Get rid of that annoying prick. If he's so against the way Taiga is helping them survive, let him go try it on his own.

At this point he's just making this story unfun to read. I really hope the author did something about that dude soon, I don't know if I can stomach another 20 chapters of "stop fighting nature and just let it kill you, Taiga! But don't let that stop you from providing food and protection for me!"

@Iamnormal
Traps and persistence hunting can't fail, even with giants. Lure the herd to a cliff edge and there's bound to be a couple that get knocked off, probably from their own herd pushing them forward. Combine that with the occasional pit, and persistently pestering the herd so they can't sleep, and they'd whittle down over time.

Seriously, why hasn't anyone told that useless fuck to leave if he doesn't like the way things are or even try to contribute. Why would hunting mammoths be impossible? It's not like the ones hunting them don't have knowledge from the future and they don't need to hunt the whole herd.

How to kill a mammoth?
Poison - what they eat/drink or use arrows
Fire - light them on fire.
Traps - lots of nasty traps.
Flushing off cliff - maybe?
Drown them?
Trebuchet?
While they sleep bind their feet and wait for them to strave to death.

Can't really think of anything else.

probably a pitfall trap would work best and be the safest options, if a little labour intensive

Contributor
Ren, please. Just let Taiga do what he want, it's not like YOU will fight, right ?
Or do anything useful for a change, instead of whining everytime.

A large pig-spear trap or crossbow trap would be my solution to this problem. Has to be simple, but able to pierce the heart of a mammoth.

"Simple" rules out pitfalls because they'd take ages to dig and prepare for a single mammoth. You could look for natural places to make a pitfall, but that's not likely, either.

Honestly, a simple pike made from a thick tree and anchored in the ground would probably do all right. Piss the mammoth off and get it to chase you right into the spear. Just have a fallback plan in case it doesn't work. Like running for your life.

Dex-chan lover
Don't listen to those pussies Taiga, hunting mammoths was part of our ancient tradition as a species, and your duty is to start it.

Fed-Kun's army
ren still has the audacity to have that attitude. dude was made to be hated

is this ren going to be some traitor or some shit later on? oh wait, he already traitor to begin with by being pussy and run when his friend is in danger lol

Fed-Kun's army
@MathmanPI Actually, I doubt lighting them on fire would work. If you've ever seen a cats tail get lit on fire from a candle, you'd know the fire dies down automatically after a couple of seconds, due to how their fur is built, and I'd say that a mammoth probably has the same type of mechanism is their fur.

Users who are viewing this thread