Sousei no Taiga - Vol. 7 Ch. 57 - Fort Raid

Hmm, well she doesn't seem as mind-broken from the rape as I thought she'd be. Author could be going for the long play, I suppose. On one hand, I was dreading it becoming a plot point, but on the other, it really doesn't seem right if it's just dropped.

Well, yeah, but that's so basic, it's like the simplest of encirclement tactics if even that. They'd have to be idiots to charge through and let themselves get surrounded like a bunch of simp chumps. Horns of Zulu, Viking Swine Array, etc... it's all the same type of formation. Just hold the center and hit their fucking flanks, it's not rocket science god damn.

Dex-chan lover
@deviatesfish I think the issue here is more that they seem to be way smarter than you'd assume they would be capable of.

@Ingway That sounds like the opposite of an issue. If they are actually smart enough to have a tactician, then they're smart enough to feel despair! Make them suffer more sweetly! All they've been shown to be so far was that they are near-mindless apes for the last fifty chapters of this series, as some kind of uncommunicative boogeyman antagonist that is vilified and always on the offense while the main character is incapable of long term planning against them. This author is always so introspective with his main characters, and they're always so reactive instead of proactive at that. So it'd be a refreshing change of pace to have a main character who takes offense instead of defense and fucks shit up or some fucking shit.

Dex-chan lover
I see a few important deaths coming in the next chapter or 2, no way scarred neanderthal is gonna go down without taking one of the transmigrators with him

@i-Love-Bees Lack of variety in storytelling is somewhat showing the lack of range for the author. Being overly introspective does not always yield the best stories, and sometimes comes off as forced. I'm not saying that you have to have a lack of introspection to have good characters, I'm saying that the author always has these main characters who are so introspective that they cannot completely connect with or understand the people around them and make people around them incapable of comprehending what they are thinking. The first one or two of the author's works showing how modern society has become so impersonal that making connections is difficult was a good theme, but as he constantly does it, that all his main characters seem like self-inserts or a single character swapped around... In comparison, the sameface of the art is more tolerable. I would say that after a point, it does seem like a bad thing, yes.

Dex-chan lover
I get that Taiga's people speak Swahili, so is it just me, or do the Neanderthals seem to speak something derived from (or ancestral to, given the story) Latin?

Dex-chan lover
They don't 'just' have a strategist.
They have one that has proven themselves incredibly capable with how instantly they followed his orders even when being killed...

Dex-chan lover
What are they waiting for? The leader has shown himself. It's time to gang up on him, and when the head is gone, the body will soon falter.

@Ncararc Definitely Latin-based. My Latin is really basic, but I recognize a lot of what they say, probably because their Latin is really basic, too.

Fed-Kun's army
You know now that I think about It poisons and ceramic explosives would have been a good idea. The futures already permanently effed lol

Aggregator gang
What are they waiting for? The leader has shown himself. It's time to gang up on him, and when the head is gone, the body will soon falter.
The problem with that that leader is right on the other side trough the two group of Neanderthals, so if they go for him they'll be surrounded immediatelly and be slaughtered.

Users who are viewing this thread