Sousou no Frieren Anthology - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Frieren at the Kitchen

Dex-chan lover
For those who want to support this manga directly and don't mind paying a $2 monthly sub (probably an introductory deal), the all new Viz Manga has this available on their site along with stuff like Komi-chan can't communicate, and Sleepy Princess in Demon Castle.

Don't know how many regions it's available in, but the site's here:

https://www.viz.com/vizmanga

Or you can keep reading fan translations, but for $2 a month, I think it's a good deal. Viz's separate Shounen Jump subscription (which is Shuseisha stuff) is also only $2 or $3 a month (price might've gone up recently) and is also a good deal. I rotate my subscriptions between services, and for $5 or less a month, I always have something to read. Plus, it supports the artist, so there's that.

Fed-Kun's army
I can't believe some people said this spin-off chapter ruined Frieren's character, like come on man! This was adorable!

Dex-chan lover
Gordon Ramsay: "It's Bloody Raw!!!!"

Also, I like how Frieren is contemplating how many more time she'll do the steak. Slowly but surely, she's beginning to think of the future with the people she loves.

I'm kinda dreading the day when the 2 kids settle down but Frieren continues her journey alone anyway. Would love to see eventually their kids joining Granny Frieren's journey in turn though.

Contributor
Isn't this first chapter of anthology with chapters by different mangakas? Should it be a separate entry?

Dex-chan lover
... this feels like fanmade tbh. This isn't Frieren at all lol, very out of character.

edit: aight so this isn't actually canon, it's not made by the author. Can we please put this as special? Or separate series entry, anthology maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread