Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 116 - Return Magic

I'm pretty sure I started reading this early into the start. Releases were like weekly, sometimes fortnightly at most back then. Feels like the macht arc is faster than this one.
well it doesn't help that this arc had a 2 month, and then a 5 month hiatus. macht arc was 23 chapters and took about 10 months to complete, meanwhile we're 11 months into this arc and there's only been 10 chapters.

when you binge this arc it feels faster than macht but because of all the hiatuses in real time it feels like the longest arc.

Oh my goddess, Solitar is back!? I'm actually glad she's back since she was a demon that was really interesting to me. It felt a little sad when she died in the Golden City of Weise arc, almost like a waste of potential.

What's more, in ch. 95, we get Frieren drilling Fern the names of various great demons which include the Bloodstained God of War, Rivale, and the Saint of the End, Todd. I'm really looking forward to see what happens to these two because, as far as we know, there is no mention of their deaths, nor is there any mention of them being alive. Possibly, Frieren and co. could defeat the both of them, including the Sage of Destruction, Miraculous Grausam (whose status we are also not aware of).

I have a little theory as to what my happen with this arc. In ch. 107, Frieren mentions that after analyzing the Goddess' Monument, it "...feels like a week's worth of memories fade away." It's entirely possible that they may have killed the great demons Todd, Rivale, and Grausam here. They just may have forgotten it happened. We know that Solitar is alive, so she has to live. Once the battle is settled, or even during the fight, everyone's memory becomes wiped due to the interference of the Goddess which may explain why no one is aware of this. Solitar during the Golden City of Weise arc did not show any knowledge of previously knowing who Frieren is through a direct encounter, so I think that's fair enough evidence of this happening.

Also, in ch. 89, we get the Omniscient Schlacht hinting at a "contingency plan for defeat" in preparation for his fight with the Hero of the South that involves the, "sake of the demons a thousand years later." Interestingly enough, Solitar also mentions in ch. 103 that the Great Demon King's desire for coexistence with humans is dangerous and that, "Just a little longer and the demons would have been exterminated by mankind and gone extinct." I think with the reintroduction of these four great demons, we may gather some more information regarding this contingency plan that Schlacht hinted at. The Miraculous Grausam may be the one to spill some of the details as he seemed privy to Schlacht's plan. Although, perhaps not due to Schalcht's clairvoyance, but maybe the Goddess' magic could have interfered with his precognition. Regardless, the demons are probably on the backfoot in the current age, but they may have some kind of trump card waiting for our heroes at Ende. Personally, I do wonder if the demons plan on reviving their fallen king.

I also happen to believe that this entire arc could be interference from the Goddess herself as a way to combat the demons. The Goddess may want Frieren to become privy to their contingency plan and sabotage it in the present day. After all, it would be really unfortunate if everyone, including Frieren, were to forget about these events. I'm so looking forward to the conclusion of this arc though! You heard it here first! (Also, Todd is pretty cute ngl. She's defintely up there alongside Solitar and Aura for my favorite female demon designs)

EDIT - As some have pointed out, it looks like the Bloodstained God of War, Revale, may still be alive and active! Revale bears a striking resemblance to the demon that ruined Stark's village in ch. 26. I'm looking forward to the anime as it may provide further evidence of this belief!
Frieren remember killing grausam, tho. So he must have survive this encounter

Dex-chan lover
The end page screams generic nekketsu battles, just like El Dorado arc's latter half. Man, this is gonna be so BORING!

I feel like Frieren is the textbook definition of overrated, this sh!t doesn't deserve more than 7/10

Users who are viewing this thread