Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 116 - Return Magic

I think the "miraculous" is a pun that doesn't translate well..

If you'd transpose (not! translate..) the german Grausam into english you would get "Terrific".
Which actual meaning is "One who inspires terror" , instead of it's modern use in the english language with its connotation of magnificence.

I feel in full english his name here would be closer to "Magnificent Terror" ( or if he's cast as a pretentious idiot: Terrific the Magnificent), but then you'd give away the dad joke, or lose the pun entirely.
His name is 奇跡のグラオザーム in Japanese which might be more like "Grausam who can cast miracles", but I could be wrong. At least that's what the miracles in Dark Souls are called. It could also mean "Grausam who is a miracle himself."

Dex-chan lover
Tod? Really? Fucking Tod? GTFO.
pIIk6er.png

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little confused, if the time-traveling bird chapter is a known part of the scriptures that Heiter already knew about, why did they need to look for a copy of it?

I see i get where the story is going now, u guys need to connect the dots where frieren foresees the fight between that hero dude of the south and then it gets cut cause the demon said “ you cannot go further frieren “ in that vision and so now i think it’ll repeat again since she’s in the past and solitar is back lol
Can you remind me which chapter this vision was in? Wanna reread it.

Fed-Kun's army
This is so damn lit! It's amazing how demons can sense a disturbance in space time and how they knew Frieren was from the future. I am so HYPED!!!!

Dex-chan lover
I do like that she already has the knowledge- because they have made a decision and uphold it- but didnt have the context for it until now.

Honestly I really hate time travel stuff in fiction, it really make things convoluted af and tend to make many plotholes.

really? i feel like these chapters have been uploaded quite quickly especially compared to the macht arc which felt like it took ages for me. maybe that's because i'm enjoying this arc a lot more than macht's memories which were devoid of the characters i love... it might depend on when you caught up to the raws tho because the pace this manga is uploaded is quite slow compared to some others as the author and artist go on breaks frequently.
I'm pretty sure I started reading this early into the start. Releases were like weekly, sometimes fortnightly at most back then. Feels like the macht arc is faster than this one.

Users who are viewing this thread