Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 122 - Titan Fortress

Dex-chan lover
Distant cousins of the Armstrong family, it would seem.

Heartwarming. I love these little stories which touch on the transience of being and the impermanence of ourselves yet not necessarily our deeds. So many humans want to live forever in some form or another.

Dex-chan lover
Alas, they were too based to remain nobles.

Too bad he didn't join, could do with another melee guy to balance the party out.

It also just occured to me a sum that's enough for a human to retire on is NOT enough with elven life spans, so no wonder she's not interested in immediate riches, she'll use it all up eventually!
Looks like they're more of a passive income/investment type of race, but that's unheard of in the "Middle Ages", especially with demons and monsters existing.

Just something crazy to think about.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I always shed a tear whenever there's a Flame flashback. That's smug-ness, she always knew what she was doing and even after she's been dead for so long. I bet she knew eventually Frieren would understand everything she did with her life.

Dex-chan lover
We manga readers of all peeps know that Ü
SJF3hf2.png

Dex-chan lover
I LOVE that even the very whimsical short ventures beget very meaningful themes and messages that matter significantly to Frieren and/or her two children (or grandchildren?) in one way or another. I personally think even now THAT is one of the biggest strengths of this narrative and while it’s one of the best fantasy stories around.

Users who are viewing this thread