Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 123 - Evidence of Efforts

Double-page supporter
So, in the sense that Fren is her student, Frieren herself, in some sense, can be Himmel’s heir?
Yeah, that's a good way of thinking about it. The story also makes clear that she is not alone in inheriting Himmel's beliefs. Even Wirbel is influenced by Himmel to a great extent when he talks about his village and how they always talked about how Himmel helped them in small ways. When his village gets destroyed, Wirbel thinks of the people and the small memories left behind, and not about the "heroic" subjugation of demons.

Frieren essentially serves as the proof that Flamme and Himmel existed as they were and that even brief and fleeting human lives are meaningful. In fact there's a large parallel here in recent chapters between Himmel leaving statues and memories behind and Flamme leaving spells and theories behind.

For Flamme, it's kind of a "look at you smug immortal elf" and also a "you're my daughter and my gift to you is a life with infinite discovery and meaning". For Himmel, it's less the statue, and more the idea of an enduring ideal, Frieren will always be able to look back on the memories with fondness and think about how the stories have evolved over time. Her own little discoveries over time.

Dex-chan lover
Awww. Fern likes him so much she's willing to stalk him the whole day. 😍

... OK, that sounded more romantic in my head.

And, of course, she'd be looking at your hands, Stark. She hasn't forgotten how strong they feel whenever you hold her. 🫣

Dex-chan lover
Here I thought that this chapter will give their romantic relation a growth...
Screenshot-2024-01-31-080849.png

but oh well the author did add some depth to already great stark's character.

Screenshot-2024-01-31-081500.png

And also got to see another cute Frieren pouting face.
Screenshot-2024-01-31-081516.png

Dex-chan lover
Back in a town... and Frieren looks cutely awesome in that lower right panel.

I'm glad next week isn't a break. Hopefully the next multi-chapter arc starts soon... the recent chapters haven't been quite as satisfying to me.

Dex-chan lover
When you spend too much time with Fern..... You are bound to nail that expression..
Gdl2ygQ.jpg[IMG]
I scrolled too quickly on that page and accidently read that as "I'm late" and did a double take. Stark better take responsibility LMAO

Aggregator gang
I still wonder if Stark could have retrieved the hero's sword form the cave in that village, he really is hero material.

Users who are viewing this thread