Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 13 Ch. 125 - Family

Dex-chan lover
Radar was the one to suggest that their mission is already forgotten, but he's also the only one left who can take up the mantle when the last person on their list appears.
Eleven or "Father" may have wanted him to forget his true life and instead live as Radar for the remainder of his life.
Lots of unspoken feelings, bless this chapter 🙏

Fed-Kun's army
Seems like this will be long arc like el dorado. The el dorado is when demon want to act humane and understand humanity. Maybe next we will get human that act like demon 😓

Double-page supporter
Damn this manga. Even a story about 4 assassins managed to touch me.
Last chapter I was already lusting for his blood. This chapter at the end, I have this feeling of empty relief.

WHY DID YOU LET HIM LIVE????

Edit: Honestly, someone breaks into your residence and puts a knife to your throat. That MF doesn't deserve to be breathing. I don't f**king care some sad-sack back story they have. They came in with the motive to end mine. End story.
Doing bad things doesn't mean you're bad person. He was killing his whole life without second thought, but he also protected the village, has a person he loves, and people he cares about and care about him. Btw his death would mean death of whole village, beacuse of monsters, they would either be killed or would have to move out.

Dex-chan lover
I want to believe Frieren was calm because, as with the demon at the cell, she could protect her body with mana from physical attacks... And I want to think Stark body could endurance a slice to the throat from such a small weapon... Otherwise, this seems like lazy working and mindless plot armor.
That was a magical wire, and as you said, she wasn't using a defensive spell but pure mana.
We don't know if this works for physical attacks because for those, you have Defensive Spells, which should be enough for a NORMAL Warrior, with "normal" being the key here.

This Grampa was clearly not normal.

Dex-chan lover
a lot of stuff surrounding the former empire or imperial kingdom, from the northern lord to the black ops full of orphans. Guess we will slowly figure out how it ended

Dex-chan lover
I want to believe Frieren was calm because, as with the demon at the cell, she could protect her body with mana from physical attacks... And I want to think Stark body could endurance a slice to the throat from such a small weapon... Otherwise, this seems like lazy working and mindless plot armor.

I know Frieren has its up's and down's, but this was very different.
The slice to the throat was a magical attack, not physical. We haven't seen Frieren's being able to deflect physical attacks with just mana, so we shouldn't assume she can do that without evidence.

Dex-chan lover
That was a magical wire, and as you said, she wasn't using a defensive spell but pure mana.
We don't know if this works for physical attacks because for those, you have Defensive Spells, which should be enough for a NORMAL Warrior, with "normal" being the key here.

This Grampa was clearly not normal.
and yet soitar could defend herself from stark, and the obligatory "enemies with great mana are truly resilient" quote
the wire was also pretty clearly physical, unless you want to argue that every instance of magic manifesting objects wasn't real

Dex-chan lover
and yet soitar could defend herself from stark, and the obligatory "enemies with great mana are truly resilient" quote
the wire was also pretty clearly physical, unless you want to argue that every instance of magic manifesting objects wasn't real
I don't need to argue anything because Frieren herself said it.
If you believe she's on the wrong here, so be it.

Dex-chan lover
Okay I just saw a funny as hell meme involving a joke that Frieren was evading taxes and now I want the joke that the old assassin was a actually a Fed who came to claim Frieren's Tax Fraud only for her to fight him and him at the end choosing to live rather then collect/report to the IRS where Frieren is with the joke being at the end that Frieren is busy at the end of the chapter trying to cross the border

Dex-chan lover
The author really likes that pose, doesn't he?
VTM5Rcs.png

Fed-Kun's army
Jesus, the fact that this OLD DUDE bodied Frieren before she and Fern could react is hella scary.
It reminded me of Himmel with his high speed, which means that the upper limit of what the Warrior class can do, at least in speed, is certainly high. This highlights why vanguards are so important for mages.

Who knows what kind of monster human warriors are out there.
Well we already know about the Hero of the West, who killed like 3 or 4 of the 7 Sages of Destruction in a 7v1. So yeah, we already knew non-mages can be extremely strong.

Users who are viewing this thread