Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Priest's Lie

Dex-chan lover
The people shitting on this can just stop reading. The story is about an elf and it’s emphasizing how not-human she is. It’s showing the fragility of humans and the loneliness of elves. Losing her comrades is part of her growth as an elf.

I read a post once somewhere where they posited the question: “what if, to a dog, we’re like elves to them?” A pretty accurate representation of how lifespans can vary wildly.

Either the people here has a low comprehension of reading or they're just plain stupid to not know what the story is about.

Dex-chan lover
to you the immortal, but more wholesome (i think)
i enjoy reading about immortality and stuff so this is right up my alley (maquia made me cry like hell)
plus, the art and general feel of this are great; there's a more mature air to it, which can be enjoyable
the pacing and paneling are well thought out
i believe this has a lot of potential, as long as it's willing to make the mc less perfect

"Wow, that made me cry... just a little. Let's see what the comments here have to say..."

>comments getting moderated

>low comprehension

>people shitting on this

Welp, I'm not going to scroll further down than that.

Group Leader
cries in elf

almost as emotional as to you the immortal
but if all her companions from here on out begin to die out, it's gonna grow a bit old

I'm gonna be honest here, I didn't feel any extreme sadness over either of these past two deaths. I mean, I *do* feel bad for the elf as she has to outlive all of her friends, but as the reader, I felt no substantial attachment or connection with any of the characters since we don't really have the chance to (Being only 2 chapters in).

I would like to clarify that I'm not saying that others are in the wrong to cry or feel sad. I'm also not saying that this manga is bad in any way. I just felt like voicing my opinion

Dam what the hell did that elf teach her, that rock was huge and far away she could probably blast away a town with that.

Users who are viewing this thread