Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Priest's Lie

Banned
Hmmm... another mostly boring chapter full of clichés.

But at least there was ONE interesting thing in this chapter: I was not expecting the perspective-screw on that rock. Guess the attempt to trick the little girl backfired.

And well over 10 comments blathering on about feels.
... What feels?
This is only the second chapter and time skipped so fast half the cast are dead of old age. There was no time to even get invested in any of them, so what is there to care about?
tenor.gif

These prolific time-lapse stories aren't easy to do well, as there isn't any incentive to give a shit about someone who only lives for a chapter or two. I don't have high hopes for this one.

Dex-chan lover
^ damn dude, it's almost as if empathy exists, and instead of you personally knowing the characters that died, you can feel for the characters who did know them

we read so many cliche, isekai, adventure mangas that we dont even need to know the back story of this manga. its like the ending that we never wanted but we needed, thanks to whoever wrote and, drew this manga. you are a very cool person

Banned
You don't even have the basic knowledge of spelling and grammar one could expect from a 5-year-old and you honestly tell ME to shut up?
No. A thousand times no. The very nerve of it.
Remove your foetid presence from the Internet immediately and run back to your filthy cave to squabble with the other uneducated troglodytes.

man we barely know the characters but the author has easily expressed their emotions to us the readers so easily

I don't really get how people are getting "feels" from this. It's not really sad and we barely know the characters, and the huge timeskips and lack of characterization has characters disappearing before you get to know them. It's not a bad thing because the story is meant to reflect how the elf perceives time, but at the same time I don't find it that emotional. But it's still a good story so far.

People are complaining that there are no "feels" cause the characters die too fast. Like, my friends, that's the point. Its a commentary on the sorrow of ephemerality. On the lost opportunities you had. When you had the chance to get to know someone better, to develop a more holistic relationship with them, and then they're gone. Either through death or many of the other small deaths people in our lives experience.

Banned
@googoober : I see you're also eager to prove what a complete failure you are to the world. Good job.
Get blocked, imbecile.

yikes @ the people arguing in the comments. I really enjoyed this chapter, cried a bit. I think the author does a great job at showing the fleetingness of human life, you don't have to have 100chapters invested to feel things for characters

Dex-chan lover
6 hour speedrun get blocked by @Soticooties at 3 AM challenge ( almost died )

I GOT BLOCKED😨😨😰​

I see SotiCoto is still insistent on being loud, opinionated and quick to resort to insults with those who disagree. Imagine being so thin-skinned. Anyways this was a simple straightforward chapter and a refreshing change of pace from the empty wish fulfillment fantasy that plagues this site at times.

Banned
@Taco-chan : Ain't like I left the caps lock on or something. What is loud about it?
Besides... "insults"? As if I don't just describe other commenters in the most literal of terms.
And wish fulfillment is usually an isekai thing, and there are a lot of isekai manga about. This just happens not to be one.

(Oh, and if you're wondering... mod notification brought me back to this page. You probably would have preferred I hadn't seen your comment, right? Well, I don't think it was your doing. But I still ended up seeing it.)

Users who are viewing this thread