Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Priest's Lie

A manga about mortality and life's constant state of change. But it's also fantasy, has beautiful art, and a solid translation...
I'm a very happy fella right now. Bless you Kirei Cake and @Chelly.

Dex-chan lover
I like how the story turns back to those adventure events each time. It's like...its core. How this story is based on that one. How these heroes act basing on those events, memories and experiences.
Also, this idea of memories disappearing with person's death...something that I saw already in Disney's...that film about mexican boy....damn, I forgot. Anyway, I like this scene, when he saved her, and how she says "that man did the right thing". And guys, if your parents and grandparents are still alive, talk with them. Or, if you can't now, ask them to write down memoirs. I'm sure you will find time to read them in the future.

And I like that she really cries and smiles from time to time. That proves that she is a human too has feelings too. Even when she doesn't react when you expect her to in certain other situations. It's interesting to observe her and try understand her way of thinking. And it's very comfortable that I don't have to live for a thousand years for that.

The idea of humans fooling elfs and other higher creatures, introduced in NGNL. Probably the only good thing there. Here, on the contrary, it's well performed. Funny that you can occupy an elf with something for 4-5 years, and he wouldn't mind, even if he has some plans. Frieren said before, that she had been just passing by, having her next destination in mind. Ahd she just stayed with them for 5 years. Just like that. Niiice.

Some phrases are so...piercing. Like "I'm now more afraid of dying than I ever was before". You read, and you already understand everything...sorry, you think that understand everything. My, how conceited I am from time to time. Even I get scared.
Or how Frieren falls asleep and Heiter makes a "quiet" sign. My, it's so...it's so well drawn.

I wonder, what do authors prepare for Fren. I bet she will grow up, find a good man to love and live with, and will stop adventuring. And Frieren will observe and learn and understand humans, yeah.

Okay, enough of my melancholy. To the funnier stuff. Like "you aren't Himmel after all" and his face, like, "I'll let it pass this time only"

And I guess, it's Frieren who makes snowmen at winter. It would be funny if it was the same bucket, but she travels only with a suitcase.

Page 15, was it Frieren stealing the food using levitation? Or was it Heiter adding some on her plate?

@Sep10trion dart_veider_noooo.mp3 ... the worst thing is that I guess you're right.

P.S. dammit. In the beginning I intended only to joke upon Kirei Cake coming to save the day. What have I done...

Double-page supporter
So after the dwarf probably fern.... Sigh gonna prepare my kokoro for that.

Dex-chan lover
Motherfarking manga...

A62CD8F1EFC39FE880FF70C123E58141DAECF450

Fed-Kun's army
I like this clumsy crybaby elf.

Speaking of crybaby ... my eyes can't stop sweating.

@VINT64
"I wonder, what do authors prepare for Fren. I bet she will grow up, find a good man to love and live with, and will stop adventuring. And Frieren will observe and learn and understand humans, yeah."

I like that. I hope the ending scene will be Fren closing a diary book with her crumpled hand looking at the distance watching the sunset.

i have a soft spot for endings like that makes me want to re-read.

Fed-Kun's army
good writing. I look forward to the dwarf's story. I hope that the artist will be able to portray the grandiose and warm nature of dwarves that I remember from The Hobbit.

Users who are viewing this thread