Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 10 Ch. 92 - The Demise of Weise

Dex-chan lover
I think Gluck is weirder and more incomprehensible. He's just as emotionally detached as Macht and he doesn't even fake it. He accepts Macht/demons as they are. He basically scoffs at the idea of Macht understanding "malice" and the bracelet being able to do anything. And yet there's this weird friendship/understanding happening.

Macht in a way feels more human with his "I told you so" when Gluck's daughter married Denken. I feel like I can comprehend Macht way better than Gluck.
It explains why the demon would be different than human. Demon can learn if the demon has interest. Yet human can be stubborn to not learn even when the human has interest

Dex-chan lover
Macht wanted to understand human emotions such as guilt and malice because demons do not experience them. To achieve this he decided to become close to humans and then kill them to see if he would experience these emotions. This chapter shows him going through this process and he did not experience the emotions
I think this is a hard thing for them (in universe) and us as an audience to get, because they look humanoid there is a belief that somewhere deep down that there is a point of commonality - emotions being one of them - and there simply isn't. The demons are as alien to us as a starfish or a tree. It's existence is simply different. It's like those episodes of Star Trek: TNG where Data constantly reminds people that he doesn't experience emotions, yet everyone else seems intent on projecting those emotions onto him.

Users who are viewing this thread