Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 11 Ch. 103 - The Time for Punishment

This chapter questionably confirms that Demons:
1. Understand the concept of friendship to some degree
2. Make friendships with other Demons to some degree
3. Are sad when those friends perish
Unless Solitär's words to Macht on why coexistence is a horrible idea were mistranslated or I'm simply understanding them wrong, this should shed some light on Demon society.
Another interpretation of Solitär's use of the term "friends" could also just be a generalized term for every Demon rather than any one Demon specifically. Same reason as to why she was tasked with killing Macht, because it could lead to more Demon deaths.
Solitar literally said she lied about everything you mentioned

Dex-chan lover
Unless Solitär's words to Macht on why coexistence is a horrible idea were mistranslated or I'm simply understanding them wrong, this should shed some light on Demon society.
Another interpretation of Solitär's use of the term "friends" could also just be a generalized term for every Demon rather than any one Demon specifically. Same reason as to why she was tasked with killing Macht, because it could lead to more Demon deaths.
Demons can have allies they call friends. But they are not sad when they die, but they may be disappointed. "Friends" can be interesting, they can be useful, they provide interaction and amusement. A demon's friends are simply individuals who they have invested time into getting to know and would prefer they remain alive for whatever reason.

In Macht's case, Gluck was someone he pretended was a real friend. Not to deceive anyone, but in an attempt to "fake it till you make it", imitate friendship in order to try and understand it and the guilt he might feel at betraying it.

Solitar simply speaks of preserving the demon race as a whole. Which is desirable, it is in a creature's nature to procreate after all.

macht effort understood for human emotion. Solitär always argue a word or deceive with macht, she thinks animals or creatures there is no emotion but little wrong because Solitär doesn't know real feeling emotion, animals have there is emotion (can have crying, happy, fear, sad). but macht really doesn't like her.... I'm really sorry macht u.u

I imagine, for a long time, humans and demons are very calm after fights because that's how, whoever tells them to lie to them? god creation (disappears) and sword in the rock (village of sword), I want to know the story about them

well anyway, macht doesn't like Solitär..
He just wants to understand emotion but she says "they have no emotion and coexistence is bad"

Fed-Kun's army
This was such a good, thought-provoking arc. The philosophy of the way Macht and Solitar behave and think about humankind and demons is just so fascinating. A great, fitting end for both demons.

One minor thing that bugged me: Why did Glück instantly recognize Denken :thonk:
Otherwise, great end to Macht's story although Glück better keep his promise and follow his bro (after he's ensured political stability of Weise preferably)
he didn't recognize instantly, he looked, think and them assume it was Denken.
there was some dots ...

Users who are viewing this thread