Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 12 Ch. 112 - Faith

Dex-chan lover
I think it's a beautiful detail when you consider that is such a change in only a few years, which is nothing for an elf
Well, it's been three decades since Himmel died, and several more between their quest ending and him passing. So it's not like the length of time that Frieren skipped back over is trivial even for an elf.

Dex-chan lover
I just realised how much Frieren demeanour changed through the series despite it happening so subtly. At the beginning of the manga she felt truly aloof and insular, now she just has this calm and collected demeanour instead. I think it's a beautiful detail when you consider that is such a change in only a few years, which is nothing for an elf
It's been a decade and a bit, almost two, IIRC. But yeah.

Dex-chan lover
ngl this has been on a hiatus for so long I just straight up forgot why I even liked it in the first
This chapter sure didn't make me remember, but I hope future ones will

Dex-chan lover
lmao the plushie of her stuck inside the mimic
Behold, Frieren in her natural habitat.

I miss Fern and Stark
Yeah, those two idiots are a good balance to Frieren. Although her old party isn't that bad either.

Hopefully that doesn't happen because I'd like her to witness her disciples' growth over time.
It seems like the kind of forced timey whimey plot twist this story doesn't need, in addition to the currently ongoing one and her own lack of time awareness.

Dex-chan lover
Hey did you guys hear that tossing the one who made idol from oshi no ko is also going to make the intro for this anime I haven’t seen this manga YET because I want to watch the anime and I’m honing to read the manga after the anime (when I start to get TOO impatient)
dont know if their style is really what this anime needs, but anyway they are popular and if people come see frieren for them im happy either way.

Dex-chan lover
Many people never get a chance to reconnect with lost friends. I'd say Frieren (who was evidently shown to not know much) is quite lucky to have a second chance, even if it may be just a week.

I'm betting when Frieren returns to the future, will react nonchalantly like always but if Frieren does have second thoughts about returning, I'd be impressed (may or may not ruin the character, or it could be character growth.)
i mean i always felt that this manga is also about her realizing how much she misses her old party so that kind of development would be nice in my opinion, through yeah it needs to be handled carefully to not seem out of character

Fed-Kun's army
This can't happen, as it would destroy all of the character relationships, since it would be future Frieren experiencing everything with the party, meaning past Frieren never would. Plus, we already know that there's a hard cap on how long this lasts, since Frieren mentioned that the period of time with hazy/forgotten memories here was around a week.
I can't remember if they applied the "a year for an elf is not the same for mortal man" rule in this manga. But yeah I also dont think she will stay long.

I'm guessing the way back would be finding another goddess stone and the future party should also be at the same stone to make it work. I wonder if the future party is dealing with the past Frieren at the moment.

Dex-chan lover
i mean i always felt that this manga is also about her realizing how much she misses her old party so that kind of development would be nice in my opinion, through yeah it needs to be handled carefully to not seem out of character
this completely. I don't think she's even processed that her friends are gone, and I think this is partly about her journey to accepting that

Dex-chan lover
that mimic plushie looks cute

edit:
4000 yen for a 15x20cm plushie, is it pricey for that size?
I don't know,
anyway,
click buy
that's the right price. Better buy it now while there's still stock. I have seen dolls/plushies around that size being sold for 6000-12000 yen on mercari (a Japanese e-commerce site)

Users who are viewing this thread