Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Liberation Festival

Contributor
@BalrogDeMorgoth I wouldn't liken it to a predator-prey relationship where there is no evil since this universe's demons don't need to eat humans to survive. edit: wrong chapter😰

Dex-chan lover
@anifd Unless they don't need to eat at all, it's still a predator-prey relationship, a wolf doesn't need to eat a sheep specificaly to survive but they still have a predator-prey relationship.

If demons don't need to eat at all though, then yeah, you can't really say they are predators.

Dex-chan lover
They had statues of the whole party! Awesome!
But it was probably awkward when you see a statue of yourself being the centerpiece of such celebration...

Banned
... Wasn't the north all sectioned off to disallow passage because it was dangerous?

If so, then why are there merchants still travelling in the north unguarded and peaceful villages holding festivals?
This doesn't really add up.

What with that foreshadowing of Frieren's death?
The author really know how to be subtle.

@SotiCoto
The people here seemed to have been living in this dangerous region for a long time, so maybe they already have something prepared in case something happens.
The other cities didn't allow passage maybe because they didn't believe it to be safe enough.
Also, there's always someone who will keep going even if it isn't allowed.
The old man didn't fit in that category since he seemed to be the inhabitants of the town.
Lastly, the fact that there's a city in a region that was deemed dangerous by many made its residents a bit different than others (maybe, I'm sure that I still lack something, but I think it is enough me rambling).

Holy shit, I just realized after rereading, could the reason Himmel had a lot of statues of him made be related to what was said in page 3

Aggregator gang
They really made Himmel such a great character despite never actually seeing him more than once. A story in retrospect

Oh no, it's starting to get boring. There's barely any characterization so I'm starting to not care anymore lol, but I'll still read it cause I wanna know what happens in the end

Aggregator gang
Elves are really dumb hum... The only way to escape boredom would be to fuck every day for millennia lol

I have a feeling this gonna end with one of them dying.

...and it's pretty obvious who

Aggregator gang
Frieren's smile on pg 5 is what gives us strength to be happy.
Fern's face on pg 8 is us whenever SotiCoto exists.

Dex-chan lover
i like himmel more and more
i feel like, despite her indifference and stone-face sarcasm, she really did love Himmel, even as a friend

Users who are viewing this thread