Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Sentinel Slaughter

Dex-chan lover
@Lucrecia
But against wizards or warriors prepared for their Modus operandi they're probably not that dangerous.
I definitely don't think that's correct, or at least, certain demons are exceptional just as certain humans are exceptional. The hero party we saw was only one of them and it was lauded for its successes precisely because the threat was very real. Qual remember was so dangerous that they couldn't actually defeat him at all but merely managed to seal him. 80 years was enough of a freeze and human development fast enough that new generations could counter him, but even so he managed to almost instantly analyze the multi-year-development extremely complex defense magic created to counter Soul Track. He was definitely not a being to allow to get away, Frieren correctly finished him right off but if he escaped and had a few years to do his own R&D there is no telling whether he might have developed a counter-counter himself.

I agree that the average demon is stronger then the average human but humans gain strength in numbers and better humans can still win particularly with real teamwork, but at the top end both humans/dwarves/elves and demons are all extremely dangerous. This will be an interesting fight in part because Aura has presumably not been sealed like Qual was, and even if she wasn't quite as dangerous or a battle maniac she's also had decades now. Frieren and humanity have grown, and both Fern and Stark are very impressive in their own right, but Aura has probably had a long period to consider the demon king's defeat so we'll get a chance to see if demons can grow as well.

I'm super psyched to see this series so popular...

...however much less happy to see that slavery/rape isekai so high up on the list as well.

Dex-chan lover
tTaCKRV.png

Dex-chan lover
She says she despises fighting powerful enemies but she's smiling! Jesus Christ how horrifying.

Dex-chan lover
This manga never ceases to please me. A world where dead guards are not casual things, and misunderstandings are not resolved automatically as "the hero is always the right one, it's evident"

These two have even better chemistry between them. It's better and better each chapter. Him just casually saying that he looks like he peed his pants. Her dragging him on the ground. I love these dorks.

also, first page is awesome

Dex-chan lover
I like it the enemy soldiers are beheaded corpses. That's pretty cool for someone with the epithet "guillotine".

The world's lore and how things work are interesting but yeah the fighting is a bit lacking. The interactions also a bit cathartic at times, maybe because it's the author's style? Like their previous end of the world and robot girl manga. Hopefully this next fight will be really epic

Dex-chan lover
did stark give himself a boner drying his pants off or something? If that lord was thinking he would have agreed to their help to look for Frieren as she would be more help to kill the demons

"I dislike fighting strong enemies" says the elf mage with a grin from pointy ear to pointy ear :p

Users who are viewing this thread