Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Master's Technique

Double-page supporter
@MeganeR that's *literally* the same thing as saying "I wonder if I can train lions to not kill zebras if you integrate them into a zebra herd"

it could be possible after thousands of years, but then at that point they'd no longer be lions, would they?

Dex-chan lover
Imagine getting hit in the side by an axe, just so you can stop her from moving.

Dex-chan lover
@MeganeR, @w33btr4sh
MeganeR:
I do wonder if you can educate the demons to not be sociopath if you integrate them with humans at early age enough or is it already natural by birth.
w33btr4sh:
that's *literally* the same thing as saying "I wonder if I can train lions to not kill zebras if you integrate them into a zebra herd"
Even on the rather extraordinary assumption that demons of some sort exist in the real world, the demons in this story are the creations of the author, and @MeganeR's question can only be answered by the author. I wouldn't know whether the author has generated an answer.
w33btr4sh:
it could be possible after thousands of years, but then at that point they'd no longer be lions, would they?
I wouldn't presuppose that demons reproduced in a way such that otherwise heritable traits were subject to mutation.

After all these chapters we see some actual fighting scenes and this was soo good. Not like those crappy fighting scenes where they shout their moves and pose with weapons. Can't wait for the Frieren destroy those army like it's no big deal.

Dex-chan lover
@w33btr4sh Domesticated loli demons, I like what you're suggesting.

@Oeconomist I subscribe to the death of the author philosophy in which only the things in the story should matter with no attention paid to what the author says outside. I say this cause I believe we can theorize and ponder what lies beyond the cannon worldbuilding without having to ask the author for an answer and enjoy the discussion regardless.

Some chapters ago Frieren mentioned a demon child spared by Himmel but had to be killed later. Demons don't born from love, they just spawn from darkness.

For those talking about raising lions with zebras:
Cats are predators who prey on rabbits. But if you raise a pet kitten with a pet rabbit from birth then they'll be friends

Dex-chan lover
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN

When people disagree about deviations from canon in the manner above, at least one party has mistaken a deviation for an extrapolation that follows from logical necessity or very nearly so, so that the deviation is being treated as if canonic or very nearly so.

Users who are viewing this thread