Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 24 - Elven Wish

@Topazthedog would you honestly be willing to bring a person into the world who might live for millenia? It's honestly a huge deal, sex has way more consequence for elves

Dex-chan lover
@Umetsu Fern already knew "basic offensive magic" BEFORE she met Frieren. It was the first spell she showed Frieren. The whole focus of her training was to make it reach a rock. Someone already taught her the basic spells and gave her the staff. In any case, if the human version of Soul Track was such a special things everyone would have gone holy shit! WTF was that superpowered never-before-seen spell?!!! when she went to get her certificate. Instead they apparently went, eh, basic proficiency, good control, here's your badge. The point here is that no human was impressed by the spell. It was mundane to EVERYONE. Even a child like Fern was capable of casting it, although she lacked range and control.

This whole time since I saw the other MALE elf, I was mentally screaming “MATEMATEMATEMATE....MATE ALREADY....”

Time passes quickly in one chapter. I feel like there is a point in this manga that we will see this batch get old.

@Anonmily Lol XD
Frieren probably only like ~10 years old in elf standard. She can spend another millenium without worrying about mating. ^_^

Are people surprised they haven't had sex? Given the standards of the elves, it's probably like an adult lives with a girl for a few ... days?

Well, Frieren was a little girl when she met her teacher. 1000 years have passed, but she still hasn't reached an adult aspect.
This means that 1000 chronological years for an elf is ... about 5 biological years, I would say?

Dex-chan lover
What's the legal age for elves? 4000 years?

Also wouldn't elves make great librarians? How long ago must the mythical age be that even elves can't live long enough to exist from the mythical age to the modern day?

Contributor
@sssr duuuuuude, don't be sooo worked up over small details - i just want to point, at some mistakes at you reasoning and that Fern self-taught by books.
All this Soul-track assumptions don't concern me. Chill and peace!

Dex-chan lover
This has really got the feeling of Spice and Wolf, hasn't it.

@Anonmily that male elf probably sees Frieren like a normal man seeing a 12-14 years old girl (too adorable and innocent to laid his hands on). I figure that he's approaching middle-aged by elven standards, probably twice Frieren's age.

plus he's a monk (a bit similar to priest, so maybe he's celibate) that likes to live honorably.

@Firemorfox so 1000 years for elves in this manga is equal to around 10 years of human lifespan.
Frieren is still underage by elven standards even after all this while huh. That elven monk is probably at least 3000 y.o if not more.

@Umetsu Soul Track magic was incorporated into mankind's magic system a few years after Qual was sealed. There have been 3-4 generations of humans since then so any books that Fern would have learned from would have the incorporated Soul Track magic in their spells. Unless she was learning from books from before it was incorporated. But that would mean she was reading outdated magic books from 75 years ago, or longer. I don't think it's an assumption that soul track magic has become mundane now that it is part of regular offensive magic. Because even defense magic has made it obsolete.

Users who are viewing this thread