Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - Grandfather Voll

Fed-Kun's army
Frieren's feelings for Himmel came alive in this chapter.

This may be one of the saddest love stories I've ever read. Never take time for granted.

Dex-chan lover
¿what's with this manga ability to make you tear up so easily?, those last couple pages destroy you

"Long life not always bring a long happiness"
:(
Skips_Grave_Banner.jpg

reads first chapter; Fantasy world! Adventure! Mild Comedy!

actual genre; Slice of Life

*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*

Dex-chan lover
So I guess different races can't make half breed children in Frieren's world?
Kind of sad that Voll didn't have grandkids taking care of him in his old age.

This chapter is super interesting. There are many ways to look at it, but I think Grandfather Voll is keeping up his senile act throughout most of the chapter. Frieren seems to get it, especially when she says that he's joking later on and especially when she laughs at his joke that someone is going to kill the demon king. I think when he goes into this discussion about remembering Himmel's face and voice and how well Frieren remembers it, it hints towards that he remembers better than he lets on. Frieren challenges his facade in saying that she won't forget because it is as important as Voll's reason to defend the village. Its also interesting to see that when we see the wife, she is facing him.

So... this is why Himmel didn't hit on Frieren. I thought they have a feeling for each other but why not a single thing happened in the past 50 years of 1st chapter. Absilute chad move, Himmel.

Dex-chan lover
@NutritionalValue
It wouldn't be surprising if different races were unable to have children together, or those children were themselves unable to have children.
With that said, hundreds of years means that several generation of humans have gone by and anyone left would be thinly related to him.
They call him Grandfather Voll and that's really all that needs to be said about it. We may not have seen it, but the villagers certainly take care of him just as he takes care of them. His special interaction with Frieren is due to them having met 80 years ago (which is enough for no one else in the village to have actually met Frieren - a baby would be 80 years old now and that's pretty much a human's life expectancy).

Users who are viewing this thread