Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - Grandfather Voll

Fed-Kun's army
Grandfather Voll is truly a great man, honouring his dead wife's wish for centuries is truly remarkable.

I love this story. It presents the idea of what sort of life an "immortal" person would have. Frieren is not immortal but you can grasp the concept; just watching your friends, family and teachers pass you by in what seems to be an instant to somebody with that long of a lifespan. Grandpa Voll's short story further shows this and damn, it really hits you.

Dex-chan lover
God, it's honestly unbelievable that a story with all the surface-level trappings of a dime-a-dozen fantasy adventure manga can continually deliver emotional gut punches this hard again and again and again. What a story.

And when you realize too that Frieren won't forget their faces because Himmel put so much care into the statues...

Dex-chan lover
One chapter where Frieren's feelings towards Himmel and the entire group were expressed by words with impeccable clarity...

Dex-chan lover
Himmel was a genious in having all those statues of them built.
That way Frieren will always remember them.
Grandpa Voll's awesome, too.

Dex-chan lover
Damnit, I didn't tear up until that last part, grandfather Voll I'm happy you dreamt of her. :fml:

Users who are viewing this thread