Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - Grandfather Voll

Dex-chan lover
That love musta burned pretty hot to scorch itself into his heart this thoroughly.

"Voll" means "full", in German as always though it does depart from the naming conventions a bit.

Dex-chan lover
@xIAmEzyx I thought so too but then I went back to check Flamme's brade starts closer to her head than the girl we saw in the flashback.

Wow, this manga carries a lot of feels and doesn't shy to remind you time is always affecting immortals and mortals, no matter how the differences between them.

Dex-chan lover
@Wizardrone I mean, I'm surprised he didn't just die sitting there talking with her about the last moments of his life, honestly. Just wanted to squeeze in that "You said the same thing 80 years ago" I guess.

@xIAmEzyx Pay attention, he outlived other dwarfs, since he is protecting the village for 400 years. Not counting the rest of his life.

Dex-chan lover
@Wizardrone I pretty much got that already. I'm still saying, his entire existence was already a death flag. They're specifically visiting him because he's old as dirt even for a long lived race, and this might be the last time she could have seen him alive.

Voll the Old ... too bad it is most likely the last we see of him, since he seems to be a cool chap.

That said, are all dwarves in this setting sadists towards Stark ? :p

Users who are viewing this thread