Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 5 Ch. 40 - Bird Capturing Magic

Dex-chan lover
@StLL
i mean, in the past. long in the past. Even if frieren wasn't a legend, which she is, she's well beyond legendary. even if only for being the sole disciple of flamme

@Trueflame001
because for anyone who isn't frieren or fern, it's not that simple.

@Primus
i assume because, like old guy said, if a test like this manages to kill them, their potential probably wasn't actually that great

@Trueflame001
>It just seems so low stakes, and unemotional compared to what this manga is known for.
The entire manga is low stakes kuuderes(unemotional girls).
Bruh.

Double-page supporter
I think it's pretty dumb that a magician's association would let examinee's die, like I get they want first class mages to be the cream of the crop, but why kill off people who can make life so convenient with magic? It's just a waste imo, and makes society as a whole weaker

@Trueflame001 if i had to guess its to focus on the magic system and human mages in general and establish where the party stands power wise , as we have seen them fight demons but they haven't really interacted with other mages before and Frieren is an ancient mage, while Fern is a hedge wizard (as in home schooled) so its interesting how they differ from mages with formal education.

Dex-chan lover
Oof, that one party of magician's searching the above the treetops, only to see their corpses throw across the tree branches the very next page.

This series really doesn't play around.

Laufen is kinda cute. Too bad she and her party will fail stealing the stille.

Dex-chan lover
@Primus
I totally agree with you on that, this crapsack world is already horrible, and killing off capable people who 'could' make it better by dozens is quite dumdum
Fail them? Barr from next attempts for several years, maybe more? Tell them they're retards? Whatever, just don't waste time, effort and material that went into training them, nor the potential gains they offer rest of hoomankind
These kids might've healed, helped and saved hundreds of people if they didn't die here.

@NinKirin don't worry. that magical barrier is preventing the souls of the dead from escaping the area. now, they just need one of the 1st class mage candidates to become a demon lord to return the dead back to life
wut?! go home, i'm drunk

Dex-chan lover
These two images of Stark will have to last me through this week and probably the next. Man I miss him...

oh, a chapter of frieren that does not make me cry
see page 21...oh..fucking really?

Dex-chan lover
Frieren must be in their eyes godly, that if she where to show her power and strength...

I just want someone to acknowledge her strength and work

Users who are viewing this thread