Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 5 Ch. 40 - Bird Capturing Magic

Lmfao I can't wait until Frieren utterly destroys the enemy team in the next chapter. Either that or she sits back and lets the other two fight instead.

Dex-chan lover
@Kazouie Well, first of I apologize if I came off a bit strong or seeming as if I'm stating my points as being the absolute most correct answer, but genuinely speaking here how would you for instance test these mages to assure their competence against the most complex of enemies possible especially when they're applying for a position that will almost surely lead them to deal with said enemies?

I truly do understand your point on them being assets essentially wasted when each alone could protect an entire village by themselves maybe, making them highly sought out for but how could one test them for such an important title and role in society if not putting their lives on the line to earn it?

Perhaps I'm being stubborn and merely stuck on my point of view but I'm curious to what kind of exam could one set up to confirm that they are truly able to defeat these demons, other than a test being "bring me a demon head".

Fed-Kun's army
Every chapter in this series has proven to give significant impact and commentary. People saying that it's just a "battle royale" seem to forget that. With that said, I wonder what the author wanted us to realize in these past chapters? They even made this into a series of chapters as compared to the "1 arc 1 chapter" previously. Hmm, is it because Frieren didn't do this in her past adventure with the heroes? Ah questions, questions.

Thanks for the chapter as always :)

Dex-chan lover
If one of your teammate dies you won't be able to complete the exam due to the requirement, seems like there should be something to that detail

I'm just waiting to find out how Fern captured her bird.
Knowing this manga, she probably didn't use magic at all (and put food in the cage or something) and that was the "correct" way to do it - as a lesson not to rely on magic. What we're witnessing with Frieren is probably something considered impossible and the wrong way. I look forward to see where the author goes with this test.

Dex-chan lover
pulling on Frieren's cheeks is such a Himmel move

@Cyclone001 so you think that the way Frieren did it is the moderately overkill way?

@cyclone001 Given than the examiners are a bunch of assholes that don't care about getting people killed for prestige, no, i think you are probably wrong.

They aren't testing for subtletly.

Ya guys debating the world building due to its abnormality from yer own views

Meanwhile Milady Frieren:

20210303-163314.jpg

Best dude Himmel is literally dead by decades at this point in the manga, but then he keeps showing up and reminding us all who's best dude.

Pretty cool.

Richter = The judge (Should probably be "Richten" = judging)

Laufen = walking

Denken = thinking

Users who are viewing this thread