Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 5 Ch. 41 - Moment for Resolve

Dex-chan lover
This isn't Frieren (the manga) at all, but I'm still enjoying the fighting and talking quite a bit.

Aaaand that is why mages are turning rare nowadays.

----

@xtrone
I hate how every single name is german and as I speak german the most names are really dumb. for example: stark - strong

heroes and mage names are german, but demon magic (like Aura's one) is turkish...

OH COME ON mangaka! really?

Group Leader
@JakkRo
Really? I am Turkish and I am translating this series into Turkish but I've never encountered a Turkish word in the English translations. Is there any Turkish words in Japanese raws? I am confused.

Dex-chan lover
8SZJ8wF.png

@JakkRo i remember when Bleach used a lot of spanish words during the Arrancar arc. As a spaniard myself, it was super cringey.

@almi-hande アゼリューゼ Azeryūze- yuz yuze- face to face (aura magic)
エアファーゼン Eafāzen - benzemek - look like (copy magic)
Just theory 🤣 because it isn't german nor english
http://hissatuwaza.kill.jp/setume/huri-ren.htm you could see all magic in this series here.
Magic in this chapter :
Magic to restrain the person who saw it (Sorugāniru) ソルガーニル
Magic to turn a stone into a bullet (Doragāte) ドラガーテ
Magic to turn petals into steel (Shuberādo) シュベラード

Fed-Kun's army
Kind of surprising. That guy's character design screams of psycho killer but he's actually someone who needs to build up the resolve to kill.

Group Leader
@Guest6052 Which Turkish is this? Cuz those words are not familiar for me at all. I suspected that thay mey be from other Turkic languages but when I search, I couldn't find aything. Enlighten me if you now. Just because they are not English nor German doesn't mean that they are Turkish XD

@almi-hande Well then it is not Turkish. There was discuss about name of magic base on what language. Some guy think they are german mixed with english, and there is a guy have theory that Aura magic are Turkish ( yuz yuze- face to face ) but no confirm because other name doesn't match. Now if you are speak Turkish and confirm it not then it not.

Group Leader
@Guest6052 Yes, I think it is not. It is true that "yuz yuze" means "face to face" but the word in the manga was "azeryuze" which is different enough to say that they are unrelated words I believe. Thanks for answer btw.

Dex-chan lover
We never actually learned how Fern’s group got their Stille, did we?

You know, this arc has been interesting, but “battle manga” takes so many chapters compared to travels.

Flemne, the legendary mage, and master of Frieren thought was simple, "erasing mana".
Frieren graduated once mastered erasing mana.
an old strategy to survive.
and modern mage no one do that

Dex-chan lover
From the moment it was said that Übel was disqualified for killing a Proctor mage (possibly as revenge since she kills in self-defense), I got the feeling that they didn't outright banish her because they wanted as many skilled mages to attend and dying in the First-class test, either as a means of mage population control to keep the existing elite mages at the top or to prevent mages from becoming a threat against normal people without talent for magic in a post-Demon Lord era.
This mage class bureaucracy nonsense serves no practical purpose. It's just a bloodsport that'll give Demons an edge at the end of the day.

Dex-chan lover
I do love these moments where it’s obvious to see that Frieren taught Fern well, and Fern being a good student given how well she absorbed her teachings 😄

Users who are viewing this thread