Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 5 Ch. 42 - Reason for Fighting

Dex-chan lover
@o0James0o "real mages" don't exist, lol

but seriously, all I said was that the *one* character (Wribel) who looks like a punk and has a few lines that sound casual/rude should probably speak with that casual tone for all of his lines, if the goal is to give him a different voice from everybody else.

Dex-chan lover
@pdonk
i definitely think its just kireicake over complicating their translations. Like "she ceased to be", should have been "i killed her", but KC try to sound "smart with their translations. But then again, Kirei have said that Frieren is a diffucult series to translate
well that could've been purposefully ambiguous on fern's part. maybe the original japanese has a word that can mean both unconscious and dead, and KC just chose to translate it that way to leave it open-ended for the readers (but to make wilber assume the worst)

This fails as a battle shonen arc. It doesn't help the illustrator can't do much with what the author gave him. So far I've been bored to death and the only good thing that has come out of this so far was the cute Frieren pic with her master.
this isn't a battle shounen manga nor arc, it was an exam arc that tested planning and quick decision making depending on what happens, which the teams have exercised pretty well

Users who are viewing this thread