Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 7 Ch. 60 - Departure and Farewell

Dex-chan lover
The anime ends this week, probably in this chapter too... I'm very surprised that no one here gave a fuck about the attempt murder of Frieren's life by some sad old man who attacked first and asked for a formal duel later, and they quickly moved on too like nothing happened, he didn't even apologize, also STARK COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED during the whole thing, I thought he would try to cut the oldman's arm (rightfully so) but nope, literally no reaction.

Dex-chan lover
There's a bit of artist-continuity problem in this chapter. She's talking to Stark and all of a sudden he's not there, right when this Simp-I'mma-mod-on-Serie's-Twitch-stream-but-senpai-won't-notice-me Wizard attacks Frieren. Stark just up and vanishes. Magic that powerful, of which wounds Frieren, in a city where magic users are, and no one comes running to quell it a possible fight? Fine, fine Frieren is a pacifist. I get it. But, no one saw this? No one heard this? No magic-based-law-enforcement is coming?

Imaging person A pulls out a gun on person B and wounds them. Someone is going to hear. Someone is going to summon the cops. Person A is going to get arrest, no amount of how "Buddha" person B is.

Author-san, I really REALLY like this manga. But little moments like these (along with ANOTHER chapter regarding an assassin) just breaks all my suspension of disbelief. There are better ways for situations like these to resolve themselves. Ones that don't hurt my view on the world and characters you have so lovingly created.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There's a bit of artist-continuity problem in this chapter. She's talking to Stark and all of a sudden he's not there, right when this Simp-I'mma-mod-on-Serie's-Twitch-stream-but-senpai-won't-notice-me Wizard attacks Frieren. Stark just up and vanishes. Magic that powerful, of which wounds Frieren, in a city where magic users are, and no one comes running to quell it a possible fight? Fine, fine Frieren is a pacifist. I get it. But, no one saw this? No one heard this? No magic-based-law-enforcement is coming?
Right?! the anime fixed this to an extend and makes Stark react and move in between, he doesn't carry his axe because who in their right mind would be CRAZY ENOUGH to try and kill Frieren or anyone in the middle of the city? in front of the ceremonial hall? this is easily the most awkward moment in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Right?! the anime fixed this to an extend and makes Stark react and move in between, he doesn't carry his axe because who in their right mind would be CRAZY ENOUGH to try and kill Frieren or anyone in the middle of the city? in front of the ceremonial hall? this is easily the most awkward moment in the manga.
THANK YOU.
Seriously, the guy has this massive ego trip because he can't make his mark on history, so he is willing to go down in history by "killing the one who helped take down the demon king". Like WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread