Souzai Saishuka no Isekai Ryokouki - Vol. 4 Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
That is not a defensive castle. More in the category of "palace" rather than "castle".
Castles are mostly military buildings, made to defend a land rather than show nobility. Impress through strength and functionality.
Palaces are made as a display of wealth and political power rather than strength. Impress through grandiosity.
This is definitely in the second category.

Dex-chan lover
Did he called the unicorns white horses in the original? lol

Dex-chan lover
I could hear it now, the hopes of everyone saying in their heads "please don't be a feudal dick"

Fed-Kun's army
@Lan Any adult that acts like that is immature as fuck, learn how to properly carry yourself, you can still enjoy something without acting like a fucking idiot.

@ghostt it’s like the mangaka can only describe how great something is by making the MC act like a monkey. I don’t remember how old he’s supposed to be but he gives off vibes of a teenager though he looks 20 and is probably 40-50 if not 70.

This chapter was just the MC acting like a wow-machine with no content whatsoever. Perhaps the mangaka needed to buy some time until they got ideas for the coming chapters but it’s boring to watch. The only thing we got this chapter is the mini-city within the lord’s grounds that probably won’t even have any effect on the story at all, the rest was just filler.

tl;dr useless chapter and monkey MC with single brain cell

Dex-chan lover
@Trezcast i was thinking to myself that this seemed like a useless chapter, but i figured i was being too cynical. Came to the comments to see your post and I'm glad i wasnt the only one

Yea it was a slow chapter but I'm waiting patiently on Mc flexing on fools.

Wow chapter was super short. I guess the author really wanted to make the meeting with the lord a whole separate chapter lol

Dex-chan lover
Pft. Black and Blu------- I mean, Blue and Black Troupe xD
Wait, let's look at that name positively. It could mean that even though the goings are tough and they're wounded to the point of half dead, their party would never give up. Succeed or die trying, or something like that. Hehe.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
I guess,
The first noble who will welcome them was the daughter of the noble who was so cheeky and tsun tsun loli.
After she looks at bii, she took a liking to him and immediately grab Bii like a teddy bear and ran off somewhere....

Group Leader
I know it's apparently supposed to look like a form fitting shirt with a wide opening, but it just looks like Cray/Clay is wear a tube-top and separate arm warmers to me, like a cheap hooker standing on a street corner.

Are we just supposed to go "wow" along with the MC or read something into this?

If it's the latter at some point you cross from the necessary show of strength into outright saying the feudal lord is misusing the money of the people.

Because a feudal lord's palace and his family's mini-city is paid from the taxes of the local populace.

The author going so far with the ostentatious display of wealth means that either the lord is a absolutely malicious or the author is dumber than a pile of bricks.

Dex-chan lover
@TheLantern
I woukd like to remind you that in feudal societies, land or cities at least, are property of the nobility, unlike in modern times where land is supposed to be for the people.

Also, this type of shit would be built over generations, and this is a world of magic so who knows how much its actually worth

Dex-chan lover
I am kinda irked about how little MC seems to know about feudal societies.

@Niewaznekto

Yup, that's feudalism, plus the people tied to the land were also more or less the property of the lord.

The point is that the extent to which the lord centralizes the wealth of his domain into his and his family's personal use versus letting it circulate among the populace goes toward his characterization.

And my question is whether what has been shown in the manga can be used for that (in which case it doesn't paint a good picture) or the author doesn't understand the implications of what he put on the page and we should disregard it.

Users who are viewing this thread