Spellcross

Dex-chan lover
The cover art is very familiar but I cant put my finger on it... either way, looks like the *snip* author is doing a quick job at releasing its chapters here, thats nice. Looks like there will be tons of chapters in no time.

Group Leader
Author and artist here. Spellcross is a webcomic that I previously uploaded on another site and am now choosing to host on Mangadex. It represents about 7 years of work in 23 chapters, and will be ongoing here once all the chapters are up. The art catches up, I promise!

Dex-chan lover
Oh hey, I've followed you on tumblr and such for years, fancy that.

Dex-chan lover
@galaxyspark. Thanks for the new vocabulary. It's not stiff and really communcative to me. I really like this style of story. This have to be interesting to follow through. Thank you for the great stuff!

Dex-chan lover
I want to edit my impression. This is a masterpiece. Hold your horse first reader. Don't judge fast before you complete the first dungeon arc. The venture was great. And i would like to know more other profession other the mc. So it will be nice if the story is completed, the other characters must still provide a great story to tell i think

Wow. Really enjoying it so far!

I honestly thought this was a translation of a published manga. It is an interesting choice to host your webcomic on magadex.

Group Leader
@galaxyspark Thanks for uploading this here. It's quite good. Already addicted to it. The art is decent and easy enough to follow what's going on and be immersed in the world. There are a few typos around, still a lot better than most.

I hope you keep going, you have great talent in this. If you stop before you wrap it up, I will go Annie Wilkes on you. 😉

maxresdefault.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I recognize this from Smackjeeves

EDIT: Out of curiosity I checked Smackjeeves, which I haven't checked in YEARS. Holy fuck it looks awful and is difficult to navigate. Well so much for the old sprite comics I read on it

lmao @ how the academy sends literal children into a dungeon and expects magical powers to cover for their intellectual deficiencies
(spoiler: it seems to work most of the time)

edit:
based on the infodump at the end of ch. 6
alchemy is really just a blank check to make whatever the fuck you want as long as there's enough fuel for the transmutation process...
which is great, because the protagonist kinda dumb and he needs some help

Dex-chan lover
Honestly a fan of these types of protagonists. Despite being born without talent, he'll try and make up for it with tact and technique. It gives a very simple, but easy to see character growth curve as he slowly gains strength to eventually reach the top tier. Simply put, i'm the kinda guy who roots for the underdog, like Usopp.

@Nyarlathotep99 well it used to be done a page at a time on each update but then SmackJeeves stopped being user friendly.
As it stands I'm just waiting for MangaDex to be fully brought up to speed, the author'll likely have finished chapter 24 by then... I hope.

Group Leader
@TheDerangedOne doubtful. it took 2-3 days with previous art style, 1-2 with current. Then you have the month+ long gaps which are either breaks or catch up periods. These are done in his spare time so they're not on a consistent time frame.

@Nyarlathotep99
The last few chapters he posted on the other site had quite a bit of "interludes" which is just text format and no art. Each one covered roughly 3-5 pages worth, some had a lot of character dialog. I doubt those will be drawn in for mangadex.

Users who are viewing this thread