Spirit Circle

Wait... what did I spent 12 hours binging? Was it over 12 hours?? Wait a minute... what just happened.... I wanted to see them get together at least. Why do I feel so incomplete yet so complete. What is life. What is this feeling..... I think I’m gonna cry. :(

Anyone wondering, this is very "shounen" manga with very mediocre art. I dunno, maybe the story carries this work, but I'm not into Naruto type stuff.

@villko05 The story definitely carries it, and it's very, very far from "Naruto type stuff" unless you're simply referring to anything related to science fiction. You should give it a another try despite your apparent dislike of the artstyle used. I can't garauntee you'll like it of course, but I quite enjoyed it personally. For reference, I also quite enjoyed "20th Century Boys", "Koe no Katachi", "Pluto" and some other works. I wouldn't say this was quite as good as those, but it's certainly up there. Don't know what you like though.

@Tsenzei
Can't get into it because of art. It just looks so childish. I dig childish art, love the "Made in the abyss" because o "adventure" and how everything is mysterious and new, but this one is just not good. I kind of understand what's this about, but it seems like it has lots of "shounen" moments and stuff. Spirit circle weapons, battles probably and stuff. Some kind of shaman king with reincarnations.
Not saying this manga is bad, just not for me.

Solid story. Fairly good writing. Interesting and fairly unique characters. I absolutely love the pacing. It's great when a manga knows how to cut out the bs. As for personal criticisms; I found the story slightly tepid at times, almost as if the characters were a little apathetic to relative seriousness of some of the events that happened(Although I postulate that this is partially due to it's nature of being a lighthearted seinen).... Also, the romance is definitely in addition to the story and doesn't play a strong role or have a very strong impact(detraction or not. you choose). Still, it's was an enjoyable, mostly light-hearted read ,with many similar themes as Hoshi no Samidare. If you enjoyed that manga you will definitely enjoy this. And if you just finished this and liked it, I recommend checking Hoshi no Samidare out as well. I give this manga a 7.5/10.

Anyone who is considering not reading because of the first few chapters, please reconsider... all I have to say is that the story is vastly different from what u expect from the intro, it evolves in so many different ways from a super ultra dense thick plot to really unique and interesting characters as well as different perspectives... at one point the story dwelves into meaning of life, consciousness, parallel universes, weapons of mass destruction and at other times the story is about drinking away with comrades and familial love... It really is one of the most if not the most unique manga I've ever read
Only downside seems to be the somewhat 'chibi-esque' art and a bit of convoluted storyline towards the end, but the entire package is still extremely strong
easily a 9/10 manga for me, had the art been better and more depth given to the final few plot holes then it would be a 10 for sure but as it stands it is still a high quality read.

I don't like him apologizing to her or being nice to her so soon after she literally kicked the shit out of him 50 times

@dilroopgill what are u talking about the story end perfectly and their rebirth will keep continues, but their rebirth story will stop here (i guess) cause the revenge chains is already stopped

Aggregator gang
Not as shounen as you'd expect. Generally it's a lot of self-reflection about doing what's right, I guess? If you didn't like the beginning i suggest finishing fone's story at least.
mind rape of the first soul by the last was pretty great.

Double-page supporter
Dam, read this a long time ago and was really astounded to 7th heaven...

...and finally I get to see the "end" marker in my generation. Time to reread from scratch...

Just randomly binged it after finishing Biscuit Hammer. 2nd 10/10 in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread