Spirit Circle

Double-page supporter
The ending could have been a bit more fleshed out, especially the aftermath.
Great Manga overall though. Glad I read it.

MD@Home
it was great for the first 4 lives, but from lafalle onwards it was a trainwreck.
also the ending left a lot to be desired.

Group Leader
“I’ll give up”

Doubt.

Good ending but it was rather a bit too short, I wanted to see Fuuta and Kouko making babies

Dex-chan lover
I just finished reading this to the end on Crunchyroll. It's a shame that it didn't have the extra that this site does. I was surprised. This was a soulful masterpiece rather than the cute slice of life the cover made it seem like. I guess "Don't judge a book by its cover." is a maxim to live by. To be fair though, most things I've read lately are faithful to their covers however.

The Aliens stuff, and the abrupt ending, with out a proper epilogue makes this not a 10, but It was REALLY close.

The Alien is not a deux ex machina as they already shown way even before Fortuna's chapters. In fact, similar situation already happened before with the spirit of the planet where it appear the first time Fortuna used spirit circle then stopped him when he was about to consumed the whole planet. It goes within the arc of Fortuna's character where he believed himself to be all knowing and capable of predicting fate and future. Mizukami wanted to show how such view is not only incredibly arrogant but also extremely selfish as there are infinite numbers of way which your actions, therefore future, could be altered (it also happened right before with the birth of the twins!). If you follow his works before, this is almost the same with Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer where the villain is also arrogant and selfish knowledge hungry individual.

Spirit Circle is not rushed at all. It is perfectly closed and why we don't see much of the (double) ending we usually see from Mizukami's other works is because spirit circle is finally closed itself, and we as a reader should let the story go. Just like how Koukou and Koko feels finally at the true double end chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Chp 28:
If keeping people alive prevents their souls from being reborn, how did humanity experience population growth to its initial billions in the first place? So new souls must have been created, destroying the premise for the twist.
Also, a past life in the future? You sure about that one? Shouldn't Lafelle be having visions of Fuuta then?

also time travel is universe hopping theory kek

Great piece, but I felt that it could've maybe not gone the whole 'the world is in danger!' route. Sticking to simply exploring and developing the characters and their past lives, like as done with the first 4 lives before Lufalle, would've been a more fitting way to go in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
For a manga that was said to be really good, I found it to be just OK honestly. The beginning was really good. Seems like people dont really like Lafelle's life, but I thought it was pretty good. The ending tho, it really wasnt the best but I have to say it make the best out of what they had.

Pretty good so far, but seeing how the ending isn't loved I'm a bit worried.
Edit: just finished and well certainly the story is not an easy one to follow halfway through. It ended not as great as it started but considering what it had, it did a good job.
Also someone should post a meme about quantum physics being used to explain everything in manga.

Double-page supporter
Damn this was fun, and I don't think the ending was rushed at all.

Users who are viewing this thread