Spirit Circle

lOVED THIS SERIES. It starts off basic, but then builds into this epic journey discussing the cycle of revenge. This series is this author's masterpiece imo. I have reread this series twice and recommend it to anyone seeking something different while all to familiar.

Please tell me if this is a tearjerker I can't handle it right now.
Edit: Not a tearjerker but a really good manga. Go for it!

Maybe I can save some time for a few people.

Don't read this, unless you're somehow fine with shipping a kind, easy-going guy with a rude, moronic, irrational, psychotic girl, who's insistent on trying to murder him for things she knows he didn't do. Honestly, I can't understand how a single person got past 5 or 10 chapters, let alone the 9.22 rating. I mean, it's not necessarily damning to be uninterested in, or outright dislike, a romance that's happening/going to happen in a complex series with a lot of other stuff going on. But in a series where the relationship between those characters is the main focus...

I just don't get how anyone could get past the beginning of this series. The irrational psycho is dead-set on trying to murder the MC for things his 'past lives' did, even though it's obviously not something he has any control over. He doesn't even know what they did, let alone have any control over their actions. The manga also establishes, early on, that each reincarnation has their own unique personality. They may be 'reincarnations,' but they're completely different people, who have no control over what their previous or next 'reincarnation' will do. Yet, that stupid bitch is insistent on blaming him for things he didn't do, and is hell-bent on murdering him for it. Not only that, it doesn't even explain -- at least not up to the point I got to before dropping it -- why she seems to know practically everything about all of her 'past lives' while none of the other characters with 'past lives' even know they of their existence.

@GrandLotus i understand where you come from but please delete your comment. i personally like it and many other do too. im sure there are people who wont like the manga but for the people who will, will enjoy the manga very much and your comment might stop those people from even trying the manga out.

@ChocoPark I mean, that's exactly how the beginning of the manga is; I'm just describing it. Anyone who has a problem with what I described wouldn't like the manga, anyway.

@GrandLotus
Meh.
I finished this and loved it.
The heroine stops being like that after they wrap up their past incarnations. She had reason to kill him if his first incarnation possessed, which happened for a bit.

@Mizumachi

Obviously she had to stop being like that for there to be romance between them. Which, of course, was going to happen because of the romance tag, and how he instantly became infatuated with her for no reason. But there was no way I was going to continue reading to get to that point. I honestly can't fathom how anyone would have wanted them to be together at the beginning, with how much of an absolute moronic, irrational psycho she was being. And there was no other reason to keep reading. No overarching plot established before the "romance."

"She had reason to kill him if his first incarnation possessed, which happened for a bit." Uhhhh... She tried to murder him from the second she saw the scar. Not after suspecting he'd been possessed. She had absolutely no reason to suspect he was, at that point. He'd been nothing but kind to her. I mean, fuck, he was still nothing but kind towards her even after her fucking murder attempt. And that should have absolutely ruled out the possibility that he's being possessed, right? Yet she still had every intention of murdering him. Everything I said about that murderous, psycho idiot is true. I can't even begin to understand how anyone reads just 5 chapters and still thinks, "I ship them."

@GrandLotus
Agree to disagree.
I think she was being unreasonable with the current him, although I understand why she wanted to kill him. I do not hate her though.

@Mizumachi

"Unreasonable." Lmao. That's putting it a tad too lightly, don't you think? For someone wanting to murder a kind, innocent person, who has done nothing wrong and been nothing but friendly towards that person, despite them repeatedly trying to murder you for no logical reason. And you, "understand why she wanted to kill" him? Yeesh. There's something wrong with you if you "understand" why she wanted to murder a kind, innocent boy for things he didn't do and had absolutely no control over.

@GrandLotus
Eh, his past sins make him not so kind, don't care if he is kind currently.
Koko isn't a saint either, but I will give her credit for not instantly killing him.
In the end, they both killed each other a bunch of times or at least once.
He could have been a hazard if he was possessed by his first life too.
Also, out debate is over cause there is something wrong with you, dunno if you are heated or something, but you are annoying so goodbye.

@Mizumachi

Sure, you don't need to respond again. I won't be after this one. And maybe you won't bother reading this. But the whole point you seem to not understand, by saying, "Eh, his past sins make him not so kind, don't care if he is kind currently," is that it isn't him. The 'reincarnation' aspect is entirely meaningless. It doesn't matter what his so-called 'past lives' did, because the manga establishes, in the first few chapters, that each 'reincarnation' is their own person. With their own (different) personalities. They're literally not the same person.

"In the end, they both killed each other a bunch of times or at least once." And notice how he doesn't hold that against her? Because he knows that it wasn't her. That she has literally nothing to do with it. She holds actions done by completely different people, that he has no knowledge of, let alone any degree of control over, because she's a moronic psycho.

Edit: Her point of view -- and apparently yours, as well -- is the equivalent of wanting to murder all current Germans because they're the descendants of those responsible for WW1 and WW2, even though they have nothing to do with it.

Double-page supporter
You guys can argue and post your own opinion, no one can forbid you to do so as long as you're not breaching the rules in this sites. Asking someone to delete their post just because they're disagree with you is stupid. That being said please use spoiler tags when you wrote a part or whole story in your posts, your first post include that spoiler @GrandLotus so I hope you edit and put a spoiler tags on that.

@bramhistory

It was pretty hilarious that the guy asked me to delete my comment. Especially since you literally can't delete your own comments, for some reason.

Anyway, it's pretty mild spoilers. Most of what I said is in the description, and what isn't, is found out in the first chapter or two. It's also necessary for giving a fair warning to potential readers.

Double-page supporter
@Mizumachi
I think he want the comment removed because he likes the manga and doesn't want newcomers deterred from reading due to negative comment, not because the spoilers. I can understand his feelings but I think he's going too far by asking it to be removed.

While I don't share the same sentiment with lotus but I do agree it's a mild spoilers that can easily found on first few chapters, as for it breach rules or not is not my place to decide that, it's up to admins.

Users who are viewing this thread