Split Lover - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Fission Syndrome

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, it seems the logical end for this series is similar to and about as tenuous as Hatsukoi Zombie. If they confess to each other, that would probably be the end of the series. Maybe.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, but I'd rather a harem story where it's the male only that keeps splitting and that leads to several girls falling in love with him because of it.

Dex-chan lover
The premise is interesting, but the generic harem mc is as disappointing as usual. After the first split he should have told her what happened or (even better) got off his coward ass and confessed. According to what was explained her split confirmed that she remembered and liked him, so if he confessed he didn’t need to worry about being rejected (and even if he was he’d know she was just putting up a front). This manga lost any point in continuing after the main heroine split in front of the mc. What keeps romcoms like this going is that neither party are aware their feelings are mutual. The MC JUST found out their feelings are mutual and STILL won’t confess. I would understand it if no one knew what the clone was (but everyone knows it’s their true feelings) or if the clone was invisible or if you forgot about it afterwards, but none of that is the case. I’d also understand if the MC himself still saw her like a little sister or childhood friend and didn’t realized he loved her, but the author put it right out there that he has a massive crush on her. In the first chapter the mc learned his crush likes him back and he still acts fidgety and unfamiliar around, and refuses to confess. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS STORY?!

Dex-chan lover
@TNT261 That pretty much sums up the issues of the first chapter. They're probably using the "fiancee" excuse to make him hesitate so much even though it hasn't been confirmed that she actually has one yet.

@TNT261 @Tersione
hmm... i kinda have to disagree here... her split didn’t confirm that she liked HIM, specifically. her split was “lust”/“lewd” and for all he knows she would’ve acted like that with anyone else
And then because he thinks she doesn’t remember, still living with that guilt, and going from there… If she had said yes and hadn’t remembered after he confessed, it would feel immoral (like, he still touched her sexually, even if it was her Split) and that’s not a good foundation for a relationship. it should be based on transparency.
We also learn very early on that he’s someone who wants to do it “right;” he doesn’t want to split and has so much willpower against it (which i think is a main reason why he hasn’t yet) JUST so that he doesn’t express it as himself. Even if she did confess as her Split, (unlikely given her Split is based entirely around lust/lewd), I doubt he’d feel right about learning her feelings without her consent.
If this weren’t a harem/we knew she was attracted she very could’ve easily had that same split around someone else and welcomed in, say, one of his friends instead. It’s obvious to us that that’s not the case, but again HE DOESN’T KNOW, and he’s extremely sensitive to rejection.
Like if this wasn’t the story it is, she easily could’ve turned out /not/ to like him at all, and people would be complaining that he expected so much of her (and rightfully so)/call him a dumbass for thinking she was actually into him.
Personally, I find his thinking about those things really develops him as a person with anxieties, and boy are they merited.
TLDR i don’t think it makes him a coward; on the contrary he’s been one of the most likeable MCs i’ve seen in harem, as opposed to those that constantly go immediately to perversion/are overconfident and use any advantage they have to get what they want… like this guy has Morals, and i respect that
We have to remember that what’s obvious to us in context and as an objective viewer… wouldn’t be for him. (Esp given we literally know the genre. Like if you changed this to Thriller, Tragedy, Horror, etc.… the results would be very different and his choice to step back and think would’ve saved him in those cases.) It may keep him from confessing right away, sure—and it might be drawn out painfully, depending on how this goes—but isn’t that realistic? Better than him having a huge ego imo
and seriously, he has big balls to immediately fo to her house and ask, like. most harem mcs (cough kanojo okarishimasu cough) could never. seriously, so much potential overthinking/self-mourning/her avoiding him we missed cause of that, and it’s sooo much better for it

Dex-chan lover
Awkward teenagers being awkward teenagers.
Also I was hoping for dark twist like "she is constantly split, but one of her is held in the basement".

Dex-chan lover
This is one of those weird manga that I usually come across with but that's why I am gonna continue reading 🙂

Fed-Kun's army
I have this theory that a woman's feelings can only truely be perceived once you have reach a plane of existence above our own, so even some fission syndrome can "convey" their true feelings, it's not their true feelings at all.

(Note: that i wrote this at 4:38 AM)

Users who are viewing this thread