Spoilers not hidden when replying [Xenforo Feature Request]

Dex-chan lover
If I reply to a post with a spoiler, the spoiler's text is not hidden in the editor, and this could easily lead to someone being spoiled.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
This is core Xenforo behaviour, not something we can easily change, and I'm not sure why you're replying to spoilers if you don't want to see them.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Remocracy, please understand already that we are not going to contribute to XenForo feature requests or bugfixes. If there are issues with things related to basic styling/customization or something that actually breaks the forums, that's a different matter, but for the love of god please stop reporting every little minutiae you find to us and just go directly to XenForo. Nothing will happen if you post about them here.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
I cant fathom why you would reply to a post you dont want to read the text for

but there is also the possibility to mark text you want to reply to, click on the (admittedly hard to see) reply button and have that appear in your Reply box. If you need to quote parts of the post without seeing the spoilered text.

w5ppq6.png

Dex-chan lover
I cant fathom why you would reply to a post you dont want to read the text for

but there is also the possibility to mark text you want to reply to, click on the (admittedly hard to see) reply button and have that appear in your Reply box. If you need to quote parts of the post without seeing the spoilered text.

w5ppq6.png
The main reason was what if someone responded to two posts in one response post? I wanted to be able to respond to one part. Tbh I forgot I could highlight parts of the text.
Remocracy, please understand already that we are not going to contribute to XenForo feature requests or bugfixes. If there are issues with things related to basic styling/customization or something that actually breaks the forums, that's a different matter, but for the love of god please stop reporting every little minutiae you find to us and just go directly to XenForo. Nothing will happen if you post about them here.
My question is, when does the Xenforo stuff end and the MangaDex stuff begin? Not sure how many aspects of the forum are custom.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
My question is, when does the Xenforo stuff end and the MangaDex stuff begin? Not sure how many aspects of the forum are custom.
I try to keep it as stock-standard as possible because every modification potentially needs maintenance when the version or the style is upgraded. The editor for example is pure xenforo as well as any quote-functionality because maintaining custom modifications in this complex component would be absolutely horrendous

Users who are viewing this thread