Spotted Flower

I dont like to and I've never given any rating under a 9, but this, this has pushed me to THAT line. Like, thank you so much for translating this but I can't, like I don't cry, but I am rn. The one time I do not read the reviews or look at the ratings, THIS happens. I'm so sorry, the translation is amazing, if they have other works, I'll read their translation but the story, I just can't.

this had a good story up until the entire cheating part. id say the story is fine but I find no need for there to be any cheating and also why is the ex there? shouldnt there be some context as to why the ex is still in contact with the wife?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I thought this was gonna be some light hearted comedy manga but they went and ruined it with ntr. Im actually so sad

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I dropped, but not on the latest chapters. I dropped on chapter 5 because main male gives me a hella bad vibe.

cheating part horiblle but what make me more disappointed that my favorite character is becoming a pathetic person. not Mada now you married woman who you loves but still asking why she break up with her ex and chose you...
and not Saki you used to be mocking your husband in the past about he being otaku and now after married you still drag otaku conversation

Code:

One thing I had to remember just right off the bat when that one chapter happened is that... Shimoku Kio has done manga about bitter romances before... so, in a sense, I should have expected it to be going that route in some way or another. Sooner or later. It doesn't help, at all, that the last (ENG) available chapters were released around the time Genshiken Niidaime was concluding, and since this is in some way an AU to Genshiken (despite Shimoku denying it -also because different publishers, so copyright involved is in the way-)... it went all the more bitter.

I think for me the cheating was the last straw. Even more given that this situation opened just right when the Wife was recovering from giving birth.

Look, I got into this series because it gave an opportunity to explore a "what if" Madarame and Saki DID ended up together, they got married, and they were having kids... but the Husband was still the awkward mess that Madarame was in Genshiken. I didn't ask for the characters to "grow up that much", because, lol, sometimes people don't change a lot in a span of 10 years (I think it is suggested it's been 10 years since they met), but suddenly we had the SAME awkward mess that Madarame was in Niidaime. And that's how we got into that mess of a chapter.

I'm morbidly curious how things had improved since there, ngl. But I would understand that the original scanlators could have quit originally since that chapter leaves a bad taste in your mouth if they CARED about the MCs, AU versions of loveable characters from their original source. Hopefully someone picks it up where it left.

Code:

Dex-chan lover
Yeah.... I was actually enjoying this series until "that" happened. sadly I won't be able to continue because that was such a trash move. I was kind of hoping it was a dream based on how the chapter ended, but he did that for absolutely the WORST possible reason.

Dex-chan lover
6mTFHuS.jpg

*Except the mother and child

So is this just Kio Shimoku's way of saying that HatoxMadarame would end up being a trashfire that ruins everything else?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What a disgusting series.
I would be satisfied if she divorced his spineless cheating ass.

I started reading this years ago and have just blitzed thru the last 2.5 volumes. Definitely a convoluted story that will not become completely clear until the last chapter drops, then will need to be re-read in full.
I get the feeling that no character is completely guilt free here (except perhaps Ohno & hubby).
Funny how they still don't use their names at all, even Angela doesn't get greeted by name. Surely we are not supposed to be holding onto the initial pretense that these may or may not be the Genshiken characters - Genshiken has even been referenced by name so that can't be the reason for not using names...?

So for ones who read the newly translated chapters, is it worth it? I'm actually curious on how the author will try to direct the story after that but it's not promising. Why am I even reading this when I haven't even read Nidaime

Users who are viewing this thread