SPY×FAMILY - Ch. 101

Supporter
I think the ideal way to do things like this flashback arc is to have them as mini spin offs, that happen along side the regular releases.

That way you get the added value for people super invested in the world, while you don't interpret the ride for the people who are here just for the main family.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"Now all I've got to do is find him on his wedding day, catch a glimpse of them, then decide to tearfully and gracefully bow out before I think he spots me, leaving him unsure whether he actually saw me or not, and then re-encounter one another when our mutual eventual spouses have widowed/divorced/disappeared on us."
Edit:
She has to know before that happens. Henry got married after her battalion got wiped and she has been on the journey to return home for who knows how long, she might be too late to prevent it.
Ah, my mistake. Remembered it as an engagement, forgot the wedding. Revise from "...on his wedding day..." to "...at some public function..."

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Now how will her past connects to the Blackwells? Something must had happened to get their attention to hire her.

"Now all I've got to do is find him on his wedding day, catch a glimpse of them, then decide to tearfully and gracefully bow out before I think he spots me, leaving him unsure whether he actually saw me or not, and then re-encounter one another when our mutual eventual spouses have widowed/divorced/disappeared on us."
She has to know before that happens. Henry got married after her battalion got wiped and she has been on the journey to return home for who knows how long, she might be too late to prevent it.

Dex-chan lover
It’s still a to be continued :angery:
I wish the backstory would just end already
I don't view it as a backstory to be honest. I view it as integral to the overall plot of the story. This war and its extent is finally being shown to us USING the backstory as a plot device. Let alone that background we got into Desmonds mind was also necessary I would imagine for later on.

Dex-chan lover
Endo-Sensei is doing one hell of a risky move with this arc. I'm really surprised that the editors said ok to this rather than make a Spin-off.

Going for around 90 chapters of this manga being a mix of comedy-action-drama to then switch to an entire lore arc without the main cast is a bold move, when let's be honest most people who read SpyxFamily are here for Anya shenanigans.

Hope to be proved wrong since I do like quite a bit this arc.

Dex-chan lover
Can I have my fluffy, silly spy family back now? I'm really not here for this.

Users who are viewing this thread