SPY×FAMILY - Ch. 102

really liked this side arcs. it brings dept to the side characters that typically doesnt even have screen time.
especially those side side characters that doesnt even have any worth rather than being an attendant or a teacher for the main cast.

and yes although its fictional, i find it very much true to what history tells us. that war is not as simple as it is.
its easy to start but the grudge and suffering, anger will never dissappear.

Dex-chan lover
This arc, just like the one about Loid's past, was some fantastic storytelling about loss and war and also made me realize I want this mangaka to do some historic fiction in the future.

...but once again I can't help but feel like I'm playing a Bethesda or Witcher game. What happened the main quest man?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This was a great finale but the wife being dead for the past 15 years and then never getting together during that time (though tbf we dont know if Martha ever found someone else) feels a bit too melancholy. Like I get waiting a decade before doing so considering how close they all were, but 15? Then again I guess Martha did focus mostly on Becky at that point.

Dex-chan lover
Si i'm guessing Henry never had a kid with his wife, which would be too bad. Henry would have been a great father in my opinion.

Then again, until now no one knew he even had a wife until these last few chapters, so maybe he did have a child. Hope he does.

Dex-chan lover
UUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAH PEEEEEAAAAAAKKK
KIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I WANNA LIVE THIS BITTERSWEET GREATNESS TOO UUUUUOOOOOHHH

Dex-chan lover
That was a great insight into the war that the story is overall about to be honest. While it felt slow, I think it was really necessary to see the extent. We've only been given a taste here or there with Loid. Curious to see how we go now with that bit about Damiens dad too.

MD@Home
Ah, so there were in fact two wars between these countries recently. Explains why Henry and Martha are so much older than Loid's generation.

Dex-chan lover
Now I do wonder who they are visiting at the end. Maybe Henry's wife?

Ah, so there were in fact two wars between these countries recently. Explains why Henry and Martha are so much older than Loid's generation.
With how things ended, she might got affiliated with the Blackbells after the second war. With her surviving the two wars, she's the perfect fit to act as both a caretaker and bodyguard for Becky.

Supporter
The real lesson here is that there was 2 wars. Hence the age gap between the twilight and franky and Henry and Martha.
And that she played Ballet.
Still tragic that Henry does not have kids with wife -at least living ones. Won't put it past the Mangaka to have dead sons or daughters from the 2nd war-. And that they didn't end up together after his wife passing. Let's hope we get to see if anyone now knows that Anya is a mind reader, or some progress with Yor and the garden maybe?

Dex-chan lover
This arc was done very well, I’ve can’t get a happy ending, just the One that is realistic.. it’s tragic yet it could have been worse.. this ending was very mature, learning to adapt and to appreciate what was present..

Group Leader
Si i'm guessing Henry never had a kid with his wife, which would be too bad. Henry would have been a great father in my opinion.

Then again, until now no one knew he even had a wife until these last few chapters, so maybe he did have a child. Hope he does.
Henry had a daughter. He mentioned writing letters to his daughter and son-in-law in Short Mission 4 in the letter he was writing to them, which is between Mission 27 and Mission 28.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
It's quite rare for a story to mention that wars aren't caused by a single thing, but many interconnected parts.
Even rarer in reality.
Thats what actually happens, in reality 1 thing might look like the main cause but they are usually multiple... its only thats its far easier to give one reason and then paint your side as the good guys to morally justify yourself

Users who are viewing this thread