SSS-Rank Dungeon de Knife Ippon Tewatasare Tsuihou Sareta Shiro Madoushi: Yggdrasil no Noroi ni yori Jakuten de aru Maryoku Fusoku wo Kokufuku-shi Se…

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, death is a mercy in this guy's case. Forcing him to live with the guilt and to make amends is a far harsher punishment than simply cutting him down. I know that this won't be the logic the MC uses, but it's actually pretty fitting to deny him death here.

Aggregator gang
ever since the vigan guy was let loose i've been thinking this mc was going to be a muppet but here's hoping that inner ghost voice thing mocks him enough so he just ends the guy

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, death is a mercy in this guy's case. Forcing him to live with the guilt and to make amends is a far harsher punishment than simply cutting him down. I know that this won't be the logic the MC uses, but it's actually pretty fitting to deny him death here.
Lost his family, betrayed his family's expectations by leaving his duty the people he's assigned to protect to the wolves (literally), I'm sure the guilt just kept piling higher and higher the more sins he committed. Leaving people like him live to suffer under that weight is probably what we'd want them to experience, as death might as well be mercy for them.

In reality, though, which is stranger than fiction, you can't expect them to have such a conscience to live with guilt. So long as they pose a threat to the people around them, they're better off getting offed.

Dex-chan lover
For a slop manga, this series was able to become as bad as manhwa slop in terms of pacing which is a new low and managed to kill the little amount of interest I had left in this series. It could be due to the group divvying a 40 page chapter into 2, it could be that the author just suck. Either way, I'm outie.

Dex-chan lover
It'll probably turn out that Alfirk used some kind of mind control on the knight to compel him to kill innocent people, and he can't break free of it on his own, and may not even realize he's being controlled, but MC will beat the curse out of him.

Dex-chan lover
On the surface, this wouldn't be out of character for the MC, because his first interaction with Liana was also letting a bad guy escape. But that was to show how indifferent he was to anyone else / their situations (after however many years in the dungeon) that he didn't really wanna be bothered, where this feels like him actively involving himself in someone's problems, which seems like a quick leap in character.

Also, I hope him just taking the full-force flame attack here is shown to be him healing through it, because him letting the lizard guy at the start cut off his legs when it was B rank (I think?) was actually a bit neat and played into him being a healer. But if he's entered the zone of "OP isekai MC that just doesn't take damage from A+ ranks in the first place", it'll feel like this story's just taken another step into genericness.

Dex-chan lover
And that writer's hack right there would be lazy enough writing to drop the series entirely.

If an author is so bad they have to magic up character development: stop reading.
Mind control and all related mind fuckery, the trash author's crutch plot device that solves any difficulties while writing a novel.

And to any aspiring authors out there... For the love of literature, find a fucking solution to the plot of your story that doesn't include your OC charming those who support them, having antagonists use mind fuckery to hinder or attack your OC, or mind altering slavery in any capacity because one side or the other has abandonment, confidence, and or self-esteem issues.

The only acceptable place for mind fuckery to be employed is low grade p0rn/hentai. And thats only because those that consume that content are mostly there for a side dish, rather then an entertaining setting with an engaging plot and interesting characters.

Users who are viewing this thread