Star Martial God Technique - Ch. 152

Group Leader
last pic is just some random dude saying it no idea what you want to say with that...
btw are you not ashamed? first pic is what you had as first upload and second pic is what you changed it to after seeing our release not only that you also changed the techniques name after our release because you had it as Broken Dragon before. Isn't that actually just stealing our translation at this point? Even if SMGT as a whole is not our work, the translation is.
That's OneScans.
101fdf1a37.png

67eb29a732.png

Anyways, if you guys (zero scans) can release the next chapter before me, that means you're not using early access anymore, if you don't release it, I will.
Either way I win.
See you!

Edit: As for the TL "Stealing", it couldn't possibly be that I saw someone comment on it and decided to fix it, nooo...
You're so biased as a member of zero scans... Good luck next chapter.

Wowee Its like he already believed what he wanted to believe, and nothing you say would change his mind

also 10/10 logic, they could have just get faster than you anyway. that is if possible

I don't know who you're refering to, at this point I think everyone is against me except some few people, because them all seem to be from zero scans, they made those coments and even an announcement on their discord to try to get my chapter taken down when it broke no rules.... I'm a bit paranoid at this point... Oops!
@RSG100

Group Leader
No we were not behind 3 chapters as we did have them released. Ofc normally we do upload on mangadex but people can forget ok? It happens. That being said no one can force us to upload on Mangadex.. hell it would be way better for the ad money if we never uploaded anything here but we still do maybe you should think about that.

welp, all I can see is someone who is trying to justify their actions while they clearly have no respect for others

there are countless readers who can confirm that we release SMGT the same day the chinese version is released with the highest quality possible
just because we didn't upload on mangadex doesn't mean we didn't release the chapters... we use our own site as our primary release site

and claiming to release in better quality which is clearly not true both translation wise and in editing and then using it as an argument against us is just shallow...
we Zero Scans (previously known as casval scans) have been scanlating SMGT since chapter 1 which already gives us claim on the translations of the series
not to mention, the first page of your release is a screenshot of the rules of a manga sub reddit. meaning it has nothing to do with your claims

Group Leader
Also another thing: our Asch here the one doing SMGT normally is currently busy so no he will probably not be able to release before you because he got a real life. It's the same with Morpheus our leader, who sat down neglecting his studies because you are not able to talk with us. The ''early access'' you are talking about for SMGT is pretty much just the time needed to Upload on the website and mangadex. Since we do have it on our google drive, patreons just get the link to the drive which can't be used for websites. For the other things that are finished but not released we have something called a schedule which means we do not release more than one chapter a day if it isn't necessary. Reason being we sometimes are not able to Edit/QC chapters for up to a whole week if things are bad since we are only humans with lifes to take care of.

lel
momo being mature and everything
and i'm here tired being salty and childish <_<

you know one thing I'm wondering now thanks to this conversation, does viewing the comments of a chapter have influence on the chapters view count?

apologies , Just a thought since there are so many comments, some people might come and read the comments only just to see what all the fuse is about.

Group Leader
@RSG100 good question but i don't think it does, well hopefully the view count is account based otherwise boosting up a chapters views would be way too easy

Group Leader
@OneScans @ZeroMomo in all honesty, I'd support Zeroscans in normal circumstances.
They're TLing very nicely, quality is excellent, translation is top-notch, etc.

However calling out the MD's staff as you did, asking to spam them to "report" someone who snipped you for stupid reasons is definitely an hardcore dick move.
You do realize you bothered a lot MD's staff for a feud they have absolutely nothing to do with ? @_das is right about it.
I'm not supporting @OneScans either because sniping a chapter for such reasons is plain stupid, money can be used for many other things than raws, they're using Patreons to give a VERY short early access and help have some funds around, ads can be opted out with an adblocker, if you don't use one (or use one but wish to support them by deactivating it) and you're not bothered by ads, then it's alright.
As @ira said, money can be used for various things aside of chapters, it can also be used for other projects where HQ raws cost money.

At this point who cares about a Patreon early access, even if it was a whole day early access, why do you care ? Just take it as if the release happens a Tuesday instead of a Monday (that's an example). Are you really THAT bothered by them using Patreon ? We're still able to read the chapters for free, who cares if it's a day later (and it's not) ? You use Patreon when you wish to support someone, sometimes to support them create content. Obviously enough, in return you receive small favors, such as having access to some behind the scenes, early access, such things. Nothing that bother the order of things.

But honestly, how they reacted is as bad as what happened with the reasons of the sniping.
They forgot to release things, when someone decided to release a chapter, they hurriedly noticed it (all of a sudden after forgetting to upload the other chapters ?), pinged everyone on their Discord to ask and "report" the guy to MD's staff.
First of all, scanlation is illegal (grey area, still illegal anyway, it's tolerated). I'm not familiar with Chinese and Korean series ways of publishing but if there's an author and a publisher, the author has no say about who can tinker with his series after publishing, they're the publisher's right.
Whether the author says it's ok or not is irrevelant, it does give credibility tho and in a grey area I understand of being proud that the author decided to accept your work !
But that doesn't refrain others from working on it (even if it's disrespectful in the TL world, it's an unwritten rule in the end). On MD, any team can work on any project, people will choose the team they'll follow according to preferences (quality in general of course). In the end, Zeroscans would've been picked anyway.
So why bother all of the staff for this ? Got hurt in your feelings so you decided to trash the table ? Come on, you can do better than this.

You could've tried to talk it out on MD's general channel to have everyone's opinion on the matter or maybe ask on support if this upload posed any problem.
Anyway, you had better way to do it smart but you choose to do it stupidly... very stupidly.

I don't belittle your great work, Zeroscans, so far you've provided very good content and I'm very thankful for this ! I'm also happy that you even upload on MD.
But this and that are two different matters, the way you reacted is pretty bad... @Onescans actions and words are indeed rude but MD users and your website readers would've lashed out without even you rallying everyone to take arms against him. Bad TL, stole TL after that, etc. He was digging a pretty nice hole for himself, really.
But you went and spread thick smoke all around the hole, so it's now hard to notice it and the smoke is annoying everyone.

I think I repeated myself a lot in all this, sorry for the lengthy post but I hope you can get my point, I tried to be fair in that.
OS' definitely wrong for me, however your reaction is entirely wrong too.

I hope this can become a forgotten memory soon enough and that everyone will keep going the way they did before, but if such things would happen again think before acting in such a way, it's completely counter-productive (this is valid for both sides tbh).

I do find it a little suspicious that ZeroScans just pumps out 3 chapters in one go after One Scans tops up the series to 152.

But I don't know I'm just an outsider. I just come here to read shit. Didn't think there was so much politics behind releasing translated content.

Edit: Hold the phone, I already read 150 and 151 on readmanga a few days ago.
Chapter 150 was up 6 days ago and 151 was up 4days ago on that website.

Dunno if this matters at all.

4fBvWF3.png

Group Leader
@Pleione the original chapters, translated by Zeroscans, were released at the usual pace on their own website.
They just forgot to upload it for some reason (but still noticed the upload of ch152 for some reason).

It's not surprising other aggregators which pick chapters automatically would have them.

All in all what's strange is not the "rush" of uploads after that, rather why forget uploading something for a week but immediately notice someone uploading something on the same website you forgot to upload on ?

tbh, I don't care about the reasons, it could very well be coincidences etc and I don't need explanations for such things really. It's just that if something is strange, it'd only be this as they uploaded as usual on their own website, their pace didn't change, it only appeared as such on MD but doesn't extent to the reality behind MD.

Miku best girl
Admin
I can confirm that viewing a chapter's comments does not increment the chapter views.
@RSG100

Fed-Kun's army
oh gosh them dramas.
I hope that the readers won't suffer the most again :(

Group Leader
@Yamibi things should be okay now, things got cleared up nicely.
If OneScans keeps publishing, just ignore his uploads and wait for Zeroscans' (which should arrive soon after if OS managed to upload before them).

The quality of ZS' work is leagues above and what happened won't change that.

Ok so I'm the reason why Zeroscans uploaded like 3 chapters at once >.> I first noticed that we were behind and pinged asch but he said that he'll just upload them all together with 152, and that the chapters were up on other sites already anyways so it wouldn't really matter. Then this happened so we just went ahead and put everything up. I'm also the one that noticed 152 by Onescan and notified ppl in the server again. It was the first time I opened mangadex that day so it's literally a coincidence >.>
@Shyning

Users who are viewing this thread